The online racing simulator
New Advert (Matrox)
(35 posts, started )
Im lost to see how its annoying
#27 - DeKo
by default my adblock hasnt blocked the ads here for whatever reason, ive not felt the need to change that. The only reason i got adblock in the first place is another forum i frequent had a flash ad that spat ****ing crazy frog at me every time i went on it.
I often visit the banners from this forum and certainly don't find them annoying, it's not like some sites which are full of irrelevant noisy flash banners (BHM comes to mind).
I habitually read the ads here because I'm interested in LFS related sites, and from time to time I actually click on one to see what LFS enthusiasts are comming up with.

Indeed, I'm interested in the Matrox offering as well. Triple screen setup, what a blast, I would love to have one...

[Goes and puts another dollar in the piggy bank]
#30 - J.B.
Quote from Scawen :
We have these banners for one reason only : so you may discover LFS community websites that you wouldn't otherwise have found out about.

Just wanted to confirm that this works. I don't think I would be taking part in the league that I currently am (LFSCAR) if I hadn't seen the banner here.

So switch off the adblock firefox nerds!
Quote from J.B. :So switch off the adblock firefox nerds!

On a side note Adblock by itself doesn't block those banners on the lfsforums. They are not even blocked if you use the block list from pierceive.com (they have a great auto-updating block list add-on there too). So the user has to make conscius decision to block those banners if they are currently blocking them.
This is a forum... The banner is kinda smallish in the top right hand corner... if you scroll down to read something, you don't see it anymore...

I can't realise how someone can be annoyed by that, do you have some neurotic dissorder or something? Can't really think of anything else this can be
#33 - J.B.
Quote from geeman1 :On a side note Adblock by itself doesn't block those banners on the lfsforums. They are not even blocked if you use the block list from pierceive.com (they have a great auto-updating block list add-on there too). So the user has to make conscius decision to block those banners if they are currently blocking them.

I know. I'm an Adblock user myself. But a few people in this thread seemed to be very happy with themselves for being able to block the LFS banners.
OMG is a thread like this really needed, it's so sad
#35 - J.B.

New Advert (Matrox)
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG