The online racing simulator
Computer help
(29 posts, started )
#26 - CSU1
Quote from harjun :on my laptop i only have 1 fan, about the size of my balls...and it works just FINE!

wa wa wee lol , mucksimush is you on crack or somthin?
ist....Jagshemash..!last night....i had a ***
To check temps I use a great program, it is called NextSensor and you can download it here. It is great cause it's tiny and it loads very quickly as opposed to some other ones I've used over the years.

The problem is just too hard for us to diagnose because we don't know what kind of hardware you have. It probably is a bad driver, but like I said before it could be bad memory. If you have multiple memory modules, can you try using only 1 of them at a time and see if the problem persists, or maybe try one which hasn't been in your computer before. As for the drivers, do you have all the latest drivers for all your hardware? I don't really what more I can say...
Here you have some of the relevant information about the last three crashes:

Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll

Probably caused by : ipnat.sys

Probably caused by : hardware ( c6501+c4e46 ) (c6501.sys is the CMedia sound device driver)

A more detailed analysis confirms that errors are spread between unrelated drivers and modules.

This isn't normal with bad drivers. It's more often related to bad hardware, especially RAM since software in memory can be corrupted because of bad read/writes, so the CPU at a certain point can execute an illegal instruction that shouldn't have been there and the computer crashes. There's an interesting fact, though: one of the dumps hints about a sound device error.

I can't do anything else but, once again, suggest to update sound drivers and test the RAM with Memtest86 and Prime95. Easy to do, but not the only thing to try.

You have, in this thread, a lot of different hints: fans, hard disk, ram, psu. You can check all those by yourself.

To test the HD use HDTune, more info on the official site (and even in this forum).

To test the file system issue a chkdsk c: /f from a command prompt.
You could additionally check the system files for errors via System File Checker.

There isn't much else I can do now. Each program mentioned is this thread is straightforward to use and almost self-explanatory, but the official sites have short, understandable manuals in most cases.

Computer help
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG