The online racing simulator
Boost correction
(8 posts, started )
Boost correction
it would better if boost had VAC, just sayin
like this -->
Quote from [RX-7] Dale :it would better if boost had VAC, just sayin

If boost had vaccum? Aren't those the opposite? Like, boost > 1 bar and vaccum < 1 bar? I don't know if LFS calculates the vaccum in the intake.
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar : I don't know what the hell I'm on about
It's when the turbo cuts off it causes a vacuum.

When you see boost gauges you'll often notice they aren't like the ones in LFS, but instead have a "0" somewhere in there, and positive and negative numbers, and when the turbo shuts off if you watch the gauge, it will go beyond 0 into the negative zone.

+1 from me, I've always thought something was weird about the turbo gauges in LFS.
Normally aspirated cars have a partial vacuum in the inlet manifold (between the throttle butterflies and the valves) which varies according to engine speed and throttle position. When you close the throttle on a turbocharged car, you revert to 'normally aspirated', and hence have a vacuum. When you are 'on boost' the turbo adds to the partial vacuum and results in positive relative pressure.

Or at least that's how I understand it. Turbos ain't my strong point, because I hate them
Yes Nuse, I do know them. I've worked on vacuum operated wipers, washers, horns and all sorts myself. Lots of cars in the past used engine vacuum for lots of things!

Don't know where your post went Nuse!
woops I deleted it :S meant to edit it

What I said was that all cars create vacuums, and back in the day before electric wipers, they used the vacuum the engines created to power the wipers.
Which led to problems when you're going up a steep hill because engines use more power and create less of a vacuum, meaning you won't see anything until you get to the top of the hill if it's raining hard enough..
Quote from XCNuse :woops I deleted it :S meant to edit it

What I said was that all cars create vacuums, and back in the day before electric wipers, they used the vacuum the engines created to power the wipers.
Which led to problems when you're going up a steep hill because engines use more power and create less of a vacuum, meaning you won't see anything until you get to the top of the hill if it's raining hard enough..

Hehe, yes, I have a friend who used to have a 1930's MG M-Type (just sold it )...the faster you went, the slower the wipers went!
Quote from StewartFisher :the faster you went, the slower the wipers went!

Unless you are going down hill (with the throttle closed that is), in which case the wipers would be going fast.

Boost correction
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG