The online racing simulator
E3
(16 posts, started )
E3
What a year it is gonna be! Can't wait for Rock Band, GTA5, and loads of other stuff!

What was your thoughts?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
What!? They banned booth babes? That was the whole reason for the show! :sorry:
Quote from MAGGOT :What!? They banned booth babes? That was the whole reason for the show! :sorry:

Wasn't it before 2006 show, don't remember. They wanted it to be more actual business instead of just circus show (which is positive of course).

edit: Oh, got it wrong...

Wiki: "There was a wide spread misconception that ‘booth babes’ were to be banned from E3 2006 and future events – this was incorrect, however, guidelines were set in place regarding how they are dressed. The enforcement of the rules was at the discretion of the event organizers."
There's not that much I'm watching this year, but I can always find a few worth a look.

I'm hoping PGR4 can bring something new to the series (on top of the sweet graphics) rather than just being an updated overhaul of #3.
I was interested in Blue Dragon until I played the demo and now I don't think I could stand the kids voices for an entire game. And the combat order was a bit weird.
Maybe Halo 3, since I've only ever played the first on PC. Being a 360 owner I guess I should be excited about this one
And Mario Kart for Wii! I'm looking forward to that, fingers crossed it has online play.

I'm still hoping for features on Spore and Clive Barker's Jericho, but that doesn't look likely now.

Sadly that's about it. Back in the day there were dozens of games I wanted, but now I could find barely a handful. Sad.
I am looking forward to the new Stalker preview info and Spore information. SHould be good.
Quote from Dajmin :I'm still hoping for features on Spore

I'm still hoping the extended release date was a late April Fool's joke :sorry:

Spore looks to be quite interesting, and I'm always up for seeing more about it until it finally gets released.

[EDIT] Spore will not be at E3; at least not with a booth and demo and such anyways. They will be in Leipzeg, though.
Excellent, so hopefully some more news soon. I can't wait to see how Spore turns out - the concept is pretty basic, but the idea of creating an entire species from a cell upward makes me laugh. And playing against other people's creations online will be pretty crazy too.
I just hope there are enough options that you don't see the same creatures over and over.
Quote from Madman_CZ :I am looking forward to the new Stalker preview info and Spore information. SHould be good.

I ended up buying Stalker the other week. I wanted to see if the AI lived up to the hype, and in some cases it did seem quite clever, but not often enough.

The atmosphere was pretty good for a game though. When I was skulking around Pripyat trying not to get sniped and I rounded a corner to see the rusty ferris wheel, that was a strange moment. I just sat there staring at it for ages. I hadn't realised they'd taken actual places and put them in the game.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I ended up buying Stalker the other week. I wanted to see if the AI lived up to the hype, and in some cases it did seem quite clever, but not often enough.

The atmosphere was pretty good for a game though. When I was skulking around Pripyat trying not to get sniped and I rounded a corner to see the rusty ferris wheel, that was a strange moment. I just sat there staring at it for ages. I hadn't realised they'd taken actual places and put them in the game.

Hehe.. you obviously haven't read much prior to your purchase

I have waited 3 years for the game! I've known about it for a long long time. I've read so much on Chernobyl and the accident and how the game relates.

There are a number of areas based on the real exclusion zone. Pripyat, the Chernobyl NPP, lot of the factories Agroporm etc.. They are all based on the real area.

The game is very atmospheric and in some areas damn spooky! Some of the underground secret labs were very spooky with poltergeist around and floating objects. Probably the most atmospheric game that I have played.

The AI are quite clever but there are also many bugs in their behaviour and indeed the game. Nevertheless though I think the game is amazing.

Yesterday a new Stalker game has been announced for Q1 2008 which will be a prequel to the current Stalker. Explaining some of the story which was unclear, like why Strelok was in a death truck at the start of the game. Quite looking forward to it....

mad
I've been getting my fix of E3 from www.computerandvideogames.com. They've got a load of articles for all formats, and videos of most of the upcoming games. Check it out.
killzone 2 looks unbelievable
I've been hooked on and off Stalker for awhile. It's just meatier than other FPS's around, and a welcome change from the childish 'walk you through the garden' approach of Oblivion. Yantar has to be one of my favourite locations ever in a computer game, the atmosphere they've conjured there is incredible. edit: overall I've been really impressed with all the locations so far in the game.

Unlike Madman, this one came to me by surprise, it's great when that happens.

Quote :Some of the underground secret labs were very spooky with poltergeist around and floating objects.

Oh god don't remind me. I really didn't want to go into some of those places... :spidereek

edit2: Enjoying the game made me pick up the movie 'Stalker' as well. You can really see how the guys that made the game were influenced by the environments and style of the movie.
Quote from Madman_CZ :There are a number of areas based on the real exclusion zone. Pripyat, the Chernobyl NPP, lot of the factories Agroporm etc.. They are all based on the real area.

Yeah I noticed there were a few places with rows and rows of abandoned government vehicles, which I'd seen photos of before, I thought that was quite cool. But I didn't know they'd taken actual places and put them in the game. It was just weird in Pripyat because I was busy playing a game, then suddenly there's a reminder that it's a real place and something horrible happened there, and all of a sudden I feel all sad. Strange experience.

I don't know. As a game I thought it was a bit crap, mostly because I had high hopes for the AI but they weren't as good as I expected. I enjoyed the environment and I think they did a great job with it, but I thought the shooty gameplay was a bit boring - I think I'm just tired of those kind of games.
Quote :I think I'm just tired of those kind of games.

So I guess 'Killzone 2' won't be for you, then...
Never heard of it.

*Googles furiously*

PS3? I'd rather eat my own nadgers.

To be fair I've been playing FPS games since DOOM. I think after 14 years of them you'd be bored, too.

E3
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG