The online racing simulator
French translation problem
(27 posts, started )
Just to let you know that the strings "voted to kick" and "voted to ban" are not translated to french anymore in X10.

I had a (quick) look at the French.txt files from X2 (which works fine) and X10 and couldn't find out why it doesn't work.

EDIT:
I've just noticed that both files are identical, even the date stamp is the same, so I guess the problem is not in the files.

EDIT2:
I've found another string which is not translated: "returned to the pit lane".
But this one doesn't work in both X2 and X10.
Attached images
Translation01.png
Translation02.png
Thanks for the update mate, I've seen those glitches in last Patch X10 but I was just too lazy to fiz them by myself
Found two other ones:

When I was hosting a non dedicated server, the string "New guest timed out" is not translated.

When I save a multiplayers replay, the translation is quite funny: "Replay multi sauvegardé - <filename>"
Replay is not translated, should be "Ralenti".
The sentence as it is means that the replay has been saved several times
The word "joueurs" is missing, the translated string should be: "Ralenti multi joueurs sauvegardé".
Attached images
NewGuest.png
Replay.png
isn't 'multijoueur' only in a word, or is there a space between them?
Quote from Riders Motion :isn't 'multijoueur' only in a word, or is there a space between them?

You're right, "multijoueurs" is the correct spelling
I corrected a few mistakes there we're into the French Script. Some english expressions we're not translated in the right way so I tried to fix them the best I could. Any other translation errors/bugs can be posted here, and I'll fix them asap.
C'est tres cool comme job, bravo!

I've a suggestion regarding the word "setup" that can be translated to "config" (mean Configuration)...

EK
X30 translation strings
"Peintures" pour "Skins", sans déconner qui utlilise le mot peinture ?
"Décoration" à la limite mais "Peinture" non, tout le monde parle de "Skins" et tant pis pour la langue française, soyons pratiques que diable.

Autre chose: "Eteint" et "Allumé".
Ca ne va pas. Au passage "Eteint" ne prend qu'un seul T.
Je suggère l'usage de "Actif" et "Inactif" ou "Activé" et "Désactivé".
Parce que "Le son est allumé" franchement ça sonne bizarre...

Keep "Skins" for... skins
I bet no one is using the word "Peinture". It might be "Décoration" but "Peinture" sounds so strange.

Use "Actif" and "Inactif" or "Activé" and "Désactivé" instead of "Eteint" and "Allumé".
"Le son est allumé" doesn't make sense in french.
Hello,
I've done some modification on my french.txt with the Lotesdelere's advices.
i've replace all "replay" by "ralenti" and few things.
What do you think about it?
Attached files
French.txt - 53.3 KB - 351 views
Quote from Lotesdelere :"Le son est allumé" doesn't make sense in french.

Makes sense in Canadian french . But activé/désactivé will work best.

And dunno about skins. Skins or Peinture works for me. But then again, either way I use the English version, so hehe.
The French translation is still buggy as hell. Who's in charge of it? I need to send him a list of the mistakes I found so far.
I don't know who is charge of it.
Victor or Scawen, do you read this thread and upgrade the file "French.txt" with our advices?
No, we do not update the translation.

We have an online translation system you can see here :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/lf ... ic_translation_viewer.php

The people who are assigned to maintain that translation, update them using the online system, and I take the updated files from our server. The best thing is if you could discuss the changes with HamerFowl or Eold.

I think maybe we need to add a new French translator because it's not usually updated very quickly.

But the thing is I don't want to just add people without the consent / recommendation of the existsing translators. The translation must have some kind of consistency. I know that there is an argument in French about using English words or not using English words and all translators would need to agree on this kind of point, whether you say Skin or Peinture should really be discussed, not just between two people on this forum.

So... please contact Hamerfowl if can and we can discuss who should be the new translator. Whoever it is must be very good and precise in writing French and be willing to add and test a few lines here and there during test patch times.
I agree about the translation, it really need some updates, thanks to take care about it.

Anyway, Hamerflow no longer appears to be active since a while.
Hamerfowl is "Bruno" at http://www.lfsfrance.org/ so maybe it would be good to discuss the French translation / one or two new translators over there.

I don't mind adding 1 or 2 new French translators but there must be some kind of agreement between several people that the new translators are the best for the job. I say this because I'm not in a position to decide or judge, I can only go by a majority view.
Hi Scawen,

Just to present shortly myself, I am one the webmaster of www.lfsfrance.org.

We had a talk between modos and admins, and we nominates:
- Oliv76 (lfs=oliv76000)
- Torp (lfs=Tungsten)

Both are lfsfrance's moderators and really motivated to take over this role, if you are ok.

In case of you want it. Here is the list of modo/admins
http://www.lfsfrance.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318
This is a mix of people from different French Teams.

Cheers,
Fred (Loconstant)
Thanks for your nominations.

Are all French racers happy with the choice of oliv76000 and Tungsten? Any objections? And is Hamerfowl happy with these guys to be added?

If I hear some positives and no alternative suggestions then I guess we'll go ahead and add them to the translation system soon.
Sure, I am just a messenger

FYI, Hamerfowl left LFS (&LFSFrance) last year.

Let see,
Loco
Hello,
Quote from Scawen :And is Hamerfowl happy with these guys to be added?

Yes, I would be glad of their help.
And then I think I have to quit : I liked that job but as I don't have the time to play anymore (all video games), it's sometimes difficult to understand some words without knowing their context.

Quote from Lotesdelere :
The word "joueurs" is missing, the translated string should be: "Ralenti multi joueurs sauvegardé".

You won't be happy when you'll see that fields have a limited length. Sometimes it's hard to fit the translation in it, so you have to use abbreviations.

All the best !
Quote from HamerFowl :...

J'me disais bien que tu n'étais pas mort....
offf topic
Quote from HamerFowl :Hello,

Yes, I would be glad of their help.
And then I think I have to quit : I liked that job but as I don't have the time to play anymore (all video games), it's sometimes difficult to understand some words without knowing their context.

Thank you for your message, and for your translating up to now.

I have now added Oliv76000 and Tungsten to the translation system and I have sent them an explanation email. Good luck!
Thank You
Thank you too
Cool,
Thanks a lot, HamerFowl

Guys: good luck.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG