Problems with LFS and Vista
(11 posts, started )
Anyone had any problems installing LFS with Vista? I cant even extract the folder, let alone install it damn, I dont have XP any more to revert too Please help someone
#2 - Be2K
what ? i have Vista Business and i can play LFS without problems... ok little grphic bugs but dosent matter

you cant extract the LFS file ?
Guess he solved it if he is online right now.
#4 - JTbo
I had trouble with earlier .exe installation package, but patch x version worked fine.

Biggest problem is that LFS runs damn slow under this vista machine Well, same problem with every other game too, with xp in this machine performance would be a lot better.
Quote from JTbo :I had trouble with earlier .exe installation package, but patch x version worked fine.

Biggest problem is that LFS runs damn slow under this vista machine Well, same problem with every other game too, with xp in this machine performance would be a lot better.

Diffinatly agree, think im starting to regret buying it, with the 2.8ghz and 1gb ram i have, it seems so slow compared to XP which is really starting to piss me off , Vista does kinda suck, totally slowed down my PC.
#6 - JTbo
Quote from [DaEmOn] :Diffinatly agree, think im starting to regret buying it, with the 2.8ghz and 1gb ram i have, it seems so slow compared to XP which is really starting to piss me off , Vista does kinda suck, totally slowed down my PC.

Add 1GB more or even 512MB and it should be a LOT faster, according to comments I have heard, it is weird, almost like some kind of software lock that causes it to be very very slow with 1GB and with only 512MB it does not compute at all, it should be illegal to sell that OS in machines less than 1.5GB of ram.
Hi,

i have Vista Ultimate on my desktop and Vista Business on my laptop. Both have 1Gb RAM only, processors are P4 3.0GHz and T5500 respectively and 6800 Ultra and X1400 respectively also (i know i know, i should get more RAM - it's the next upgrade).

LFS S2 X10 runs smooth on both though a bit faster on the Core 2 Duo (10 fps diference at most) at 1440x900 on both and max details.

I noticed a slight decrease on the desktop comparing to Windows XP but nothing big (around 5 fps). The most noticable diference comes from a screen with 20+ cars where the diference is around 20fps (down to 20) in comparison to Windows XP (stable at 40).

On the laptop it shows no diference at all (between Windows versions, not between 1 and 20 cars on screen :P).

I get an average of 40-50 fps on the desktop and 50-60 on the laptop.

I agree with the opinions here that it might a RAM issue seeing as that is my lowest score on both machines. Get another Gb in that and you should be fine (they're pretty cheap nowadays).

To the first poster: I downloaded the full version from the LFS site and installed without a glitch. Maybe you have a problem in your downloader. Are you using IE to download?

Cheers
Nunes
#8 - JTbo
Sometimes it was needed to run LFS installer with admin priviledges too.

I would not say 20fps to be smooth at all, 40 is quite low also, stable 60fps is smooth, imo. However that is quite subjective definition and it means different to different people.

I prefer that fps don't fluctuate so I like to limit it to lowest, but that is not possible in this machine as fps do drop so much. Only 24fps when alone on track passing BL1 pits, with 6 cars and back of rid it is under 15fps at best, maybe it is just normal fot Sempron 64 3400+ and radeon 1100 as 3d benchmarks show up numbers that they should.
#9 - Gunn
If you are having issues with Vista it may be important to state whether or not you are using the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version. I've heard plenty of people having trouble with many games using the 64-bit version (on 64-bit hardware).
#10 - JTbo
Quote from Gunn :If you are having issues with Vista it may be important to state whether or not you are using the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version. I've heard plenty of people having trouble with many games using the 64-bit version (on 64-bit hardware).

Yes, it is 32bit basic version and I have located problem being memory and gfx card most likely even cpu load is very high, but that is caused most likely because extensive swapping due low memory. From 1GB gfx card takes quite share, reduced gfx card ram from 128 to 64 and got boost in performance. Also it seems to be that turion cpu is lot better in vista than sempron 64, overall smoothness with turion seem to be quite good, this also is bit surprising.

Work laptop, so not really big issue, I might get proper gaming one to have fun at long evenings when I'm on road
Turn off 'user account control' its a real pain.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG