The online racing simulator
what is the easyest way to fix lag in lfs?
ive been having less than 10 fps with more than 8 cars in grid i need help please.
#2 - Slopi
That's not "lag", for starters.

Try adjusting your LOD settings in your Graphics options.
Make sure no web browsers or IM programs are running in the background.
Turn off your AntiVirus while racing.
Defrag lately?
How much RAM do you have... better yet, how about some system stats so I can just stop guessing at what could be the issue?
im only 13 how u find out how much ram u got?
click start and right click on my computer then click properties
WINKEY+SysReq also!
#6 - Dumpy
#7 - CSU1
Quote from mutt107 :ive been having less than 10 fps with more than 8 cars in grid i need help please.

post your full system specs along with a screenshot of:
        - with the above info we can give you advice as to where the bottlenecks are in your system. A PC running at 40 fps with little graphical detail should be your goal with a low end PC.
        Also everyone should note that using a wireless router in most cases is not the best choice. No matter if the PC can produce smooth frames this can be hampered by network lag(lost packets from the wireless router)
        Even quicker and more useful for us to help out:
        Start > run, type "dxdiag", click ok and then wait until the progress bar has finished, click Save All Information then attach the text file it outputs to a post

What this will do is give us your full system specs, etc.
        ok my computer has.
        640 mb of RAM
        Microsoft windows xp
        professional
        version 2002. and thats all, i got right now.
        Quote from Dumpy :What he means is [Windows Key]+[Pause | Break]

I guessed, the only KB I have has F14-F16, so I hit F16 and it worked, and guessed that's SysRq.
        #12 - Davo
        Sell old computer and buy a new one Get parents to buy it, or save some birthday money or do some chores or something to buy it.
        ok i got like 165$ saved up from chores and my b day is sep 29 so i might get a computer.i hope
        Quote from Dumpy :What he means is [Windows Key]+[Pause | Break]

No, he means [windows key] + [Prt Scrn | Sys Rq]
        if your computer is a laptop is it plugged in to the wall? I got 60-90FPS less when running on battery power.
        my computer is not a laptop its a
        Compaq presario.
        i fixed it!!!
        all i needed to do is lower the the settings in lfs: lol
        Quote from Christofire :No, he means [windows key] + [Prt Scrn | Sys Rq]

That way doesn't do anything for me, the windows + pause/break works for me.

Which I never knew that before dustin/dumpy.
        mutt is a hacker now
        what setting did you lower ?? I have bad lag
        Can someone pass a picture of the right low onfiguration to finish the lag? Everytime im playing,in 10 or 15 minutes begin the lag and stay less than 10. what i reaally do? BUt i now,my Pc is overloaded of ****in virus....
        What you are experiencing is not lag. It's just low framerate caused by trying to use graphics settings higher than what your computer can handle.

Go to your graphics options, and switch everything to 'off' or 'low', especially shadows and anti-aliasing, then see how it runs.

If your framerate seems ok, go back to the options and switch things on one at a time, going back to the game in between each change to see if the option you have changed has affected the framerate.

Changing the option to download hi-res skins (1024) to lo-res (512) can also have an effect, as the GPU won't need to load as much texture data into the Vram.

FYI: Lag is the effect of a driver with high ping on an online server. They'll appear to 'teleport' from place to place, or they may appear to be swerving off the track, only to reappear on the track again every few seconds. This is because the position information sent from their computer over the internet is taking longer to update due to their connection being slowed by either their location relative to the server, or by another application running on their computer which is also trying to use their bandwidth. The server tries to approximate their position on the track, but if the driver adjusts their line or speed, the server won't update that info until it receives the new packet a few fractions of a second later.

hope this helps Smile
        LFS is processor based, not really graphics based. TBO, a Pentium 4 3Ghz runs LFS really well provided that's all it's doing.
        LFS is single core but does require a bit of processor grunt for good results.

If your PC is "overloaded of ****in virus...." then resolving that issue would be a great place to start to improving your LFS experience.

Once you have done that, please feel free to post back and we can help you further.

There is nothing we can do to help until you have resolved your malware/virus issues though.

Ticket closed.....
        -
        (borianhoxhaj) DELETED by Victor : Crack user
        i need help because i get LOADS of lagg in LFS please help

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG