The online racing simulator
InSim Project
(6 posts, started )
InSim Project
Well, I am just looking to help out the community in some way or another by creating an InSim project. I am in the progress of making a Statistics Tracking system like LFSLapper, but it has a few other additions to it that will makes it more interesting to me anyways... So if I could add some other simple functionality to it I may release it to the public, any other ideas?
what kind of features are you planning on adding?

What language are you wanting to program it in?

I might be able to help
Isn't the source for LFSLapper available? Wouldnt it be easier to start with that and just add your features?
Well I am using C++, and I wanted to start from the ground up so I know the system, also I already have much of my framework running, and talking to LFS through InSim, just adding some basic statistics tracking right now, and one of the features I am currently trying to implement is a way to save your Replays, and RAFs automatically, (if you set the option in the Manager)... Umm I had a few other ideas as well but am at a loss of words right now. I was simply looking to see if the general community had any simple requests that should be implemented?
What about a tool for league admins that allows to manually setup the starting grid (based on same previous result/qualification)? maybe from a text/csv file with usernames?
That may be able to fit into the plans since another of the additions that I forgot to mention was a championship / tournament organizer... Which allowed the starting grid to change based on the results of the last race, and even have a knock-out tournament for drag racing... I will have to look into the possibilities of doing this for multiplayer, as I can only play single player currently (Don't have the interenet though I have access to it via the library for a couple hours a day... Can't bring my momo there though) I'll try making this possible in multiplayer but it will be in singleplayer vs AI

InSim Project
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG