The online racing simulator
Current tracks too fast?
(35 posts, started )
I think those straights on Aston are too long and that's why laps are very fast... There is 3 huge straights on Aston hist, GP and GT.
There is nothing wrong whit Kyoto GP or Westhill, that are superior tracks that i really would like to see IRL. Why cuz of so much long fast corner that makes them fun
Just throw Biggie into a real F1 car and let him run loose!

He's show those F1 guys a thing or two.
Aston Grand Prix:
1st streight is 1600 meters long, if we dont count those 2 corners, but are they really corners?
2nd straight before herpin is 980 meters long, again if we dont count 2 flatout corners
Then it comes another 1000 meters long streight, well 1 slight corner.
And in Hist combo it's 1300 meters...
And final straight in last sector whit 5 corners about 1000 meters, pretty fun, something like SPA last sector

It's ok to have 2 straight on track, but to have 4 straight and 2 are EXTREMELY long doesn't make track so interesting.

p.s. this flatout corners are for all cars not only BF1 :|
Quote from mrodgers :Not only what Dajmin said there about the wind, but also you did not state whether the times listed for real F1 tracks are qualifying records or just fast laps set during racing. Temperature and environment also has quite a bit to do with it as well. A hot and slick track will slow times down and a cooler track and air temperature will speed laps up. LFS's environment is completely static with a set temperature and with WR laps, a set no wind option (can you even set wind in hotlap mode?)

The wind may be a bit of a point, but, if you look at F1 the last few years, there has always been max 3 kph wind..
And all the times were the fastest qualifying times of the BMW team in 2006.
But then still, it are all very very fast turns. There are only a few of them in real F1.

Also the FO8, or FXR can take most turns flat out on Aston Historic, where you can with the BF1 too.

Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :
they will be fast if you only test fast tracks.

try fe club or as cadet

But the length of these tracks isn't very 'real' for an F1 car...
Quote from Darkone55 :The wind may be a bit of a point, but, if you look at F1 the last few years, there has always been max 3 kph wind..
And all the times were the fastest qualifying times of the BMW team in 2006.
But then still, it are all very very fast turns. There are only a few of them in real F1.

Also the FO8, or FXR can take most turns flat out on Aston Historic, where you can with the BF1 too.

But the length of these tracks isn't very 'real' for an F1 car...

South City? Its kind of like Monte Carlo. In the same sense that crisps are the same as potato chips.
Quote from mcintyrej :South City? Its kind of like Monte Carlo. In the same sense that crisps are the same as potato chips.

Well, even South City is a lot faster then Monte Carlo I'm affraid. Maybe not Sprint 2, but even the Town track is still pretty fast with the last turn and the very long straight. And T3 is also pretty fast. And at the back before the hairpin too. But at least there's more braking then other LFS circuits. I think South City is a great circuit, but we also need 'normal' tracks that are slow.
Darkone55: It's quite easy to create a realistic contemporary F1 track out of the existing ones, just add boring chikanes!
The lack of horrible accidents in the LFSdimension has spared us the saftey engineering, maybe far future rpg elements (exclusion from league in case of virtual driver death) would create a need.
Quote from heson :Darkone55: It's quite easy to create a realistic contemporary F1 track out of the existing ones, just add boring chikanes!
The lack of horrible accidents in the LFSdimension has spared us the saftey engineering, maybe far future rpg elements (exclusion from league in case of virtual driver death) would create a need.

I'd just like to use my brakepedal aswell, with the BF1..
Decent elevation changes and blind corners could turn current tracks nto great tracks without the need to add chicanes or tighten corners.

Just IMO.
Also, SO is a GREAT track. Especially SO long rev. Too bad not too many servers are running it. I love the fact that Scavier has set a LX SO course for the LX event. TY guys.
I think its sickening, theres no skill involved in going flat out, and just backing off when things get hairy, or you didn't turn in at the correct point, we need braking points, and fast.

Current tracks too fast?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG