The online racing simulator
is there any Track-Editers?
(43 posts, started )
is there such thing?

also were do u get a modeler 4 paintjobs?
No trackeditors until post-S3.

For paint jobs, you need a program to edit jpegs (MS Paint would do, but Paint Shop Pro is a better option).
Why would you need a track editor when you have the awesome tracks we have now?
Actually in one respect, LFS comes with some track editing, if you consider autocross editing, putting down ramps and barriers into the existing circuits.
Maybe this is what you mean?
thar haint nun
i only have demo unless i find lfs for free somewere else
#9 - ajp71
Quote from GTR Racer :i only have demo unless i find lfs for free somewere else

You won't find LFS for free anywhere, you have to buy an individual account that logs onto the server each time you start LFS, one account can only be online on 1 PC at any one time.

You'll find the community is extremely hostile to suggestions of cracks and so on. Some members may use such methods on other programs, but there should be a certain level of courtesy and common sense applied, like don't post this on the programs official website, unlike some commercial editing applications LFS does not cost several thousand pounds and you should really be prepared to stump up £24, after all in LFS your lisence money really will go to help make it better
Quote from ajp71 :you have to buy an individual account that logs onto the server each time you start LFS

Not true

Quote from ajp71 :You'll find the community is extremely hostile to suggestions of cracks and so on.

Very true We are all licensed users here... buy the game GTR Racer, it's worth it.
Quote from Tweaker :Not true

Everytime you play online?
Everytime you start the game? Thats not true
Tweaker is my mother in law.
Quote from Tweaker :Everytime you start the game? Thats not true

This guessing game is fun , sure it can't be hacked anyway
WOAH!

I'm impressed already! Keep trying until someone who knows what they're talking about (i.e. not me) gives you a good reason not to!

And don't accept bribary, threats via PM's or stuff like that
Quote from vagos21 :so is it interesting to convert 3ds/obj back to smx, or should i drop it?

I think you should continue and possibly get a renderable version of the tracks (With textures, objects/trees and all)... then people could make better scenes for their rendered cars
Yeah, two 'being impressed' in two days. What is my world coming too...
Quote from Tweaker : buy the game GTR Racer, it's worth it.

1.poor2. mom wont let me even tho i hav 50$
Sorry to hear that Hey it happens... my parents were like that a long time ago, they grew out of it... but not many parents are like that, heheh. If you are doing bad in school or anything else, then an addicting game is not good, but.... if you just ask to do some favors for her maybe, then she could let you buy it?

Quote from vagos21 :Before i make the obj2smx converter, we need to know how the LFS track system works. If you read the SMX format from the programmers link, there is no info about uv mapping or texture assignment. which means that the renders i showed here is the only thing that can be done. And looking through the LFS folders i didn't find any smx or cmx files....(i plan to do cmx converter for cars too). So first we must find out where the track and car files are, and what info LFS needs to load a new track (if it can load new tracks?) the screenshots you see is only a simple file... we need much more than that. So can someone try to find where the smx files are hidden? this is what we need to do before we convert new tracks for LFS... if we find this, then i think it will be good! can anyone help?

The LFS devs don't condone any sort of new 3rd party extra content or mods that alter the shape of cars/tracks, so I'd expect any thread on how/if you can do that (if you figure it out) to be closed immediately.

On the subject of the autox editor, ideally I'd like the environment to be much larger, and the options for editing to be more complex and wide-ranging, so it is actually possible to make some decent circuits on there. (I know that isn't the intention of the autox arena, but it wouldn't hurt as an S2 feature). Things like: placing kerbs, concrete immovable walls, maybe colouring tarmac, even an area of dirt with bumps and jumps so it's possible to make rallyx courses too.
Quote from sinbad :The LFS devs don't condone any sort of new 3rd party extra content or mods that alter the shape of cars/tracks, so I'd expect any thread on how/if you can do that (if you figure it out) to be closed immediately.

I dont know about that sinbad, they dont seem to mind LFS Tweak which manipulates the cars characteristics.
But saying that, i dont condone any LFS 'hacks' either.... your autocross idea is probably the best solution for the moment.
nothing new on this thread?
cmx converters and viewers have been around for couple years. many ppl have the 3d in tris of tracks aswell.
a search in forum could have saved u coding.
u really a demo racer with licensed tracks and reverse engineering? i suspect i know where this leads...
Quote :
many ppl have the 3d in tris of tracks aswell.

So how come they are not readily available? If this thing can make those available in 3DS I'd be happy (and a lot more people I know of)... Not even because it enables us to do anything in LFS, but simply because we can dream of what might be in the future (and of course cool renders outside of LFS).
#25 - Tomi
Quote from sinbad :The LFS devs don't condone any sort of new 3rd party extra content or mods that alter the shape of cars/tracks, so I'd expect any thread on how/if you can do that (if you figure it out) to be closed immediately.

I don't think they ever say anything about this. They are probably not open to track moders yet because the game is still in development. That doesn't mean they won't condone such things.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the game do some sum check (with at least 2 different algorithms) to make sure the files are the original ones. I'm pretty sure the game won't allow you to load a third party file. That would need a modified .exe with new values and would add another problem when playing offline.

I think vagos21 should continue to work on this tool. It could be helpful for the future when S3 will be released and third party tracks accepted. He could also help people doing tracks or cars that could be officially licensed by the LiveForSpeed team for inclusion in the game, who knows. It would be good to see an official statement about wether the LFS team would be open to third party content as long as they are legal. I know about a few prototype cars builders who could be open to some sort of agreement between the LFS team and them like what has been done for the inclusion of the Raceabout and the MRT5 in the game.

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG