The online racing simulator
help with dissapearing names :S:S:S
(14 posts, started )
hi. for some reason when i open my documents all the names of the folders are no longer shown. i have no idea what caused this so if anyone knows how to fix it please could you tell me. thanks in advance.
attached screenshot of problem.
Attached images
problem.JPG
tools>folder settings .. probably something there
#3 - CSU1
Quote from Smurfen :tools>folder settings .. probably something there

LOL!

use a registry cleaner/scanner Capn'
You're vieweing in thumbnails mode, doesn't that remove filenames anyway? Never tried it tbh, details view ftw (win3.1 nostalgia). Just a thought.
#6 - CSU1
Quote from Bob Smith :You're vieweing in thumbnails mode, doesn't that remove filenames anyway? Never tried it tbh, details view ftw (win3.1 nostalgia). Just a thought.

That's it, you are viewing in thumbnail mode. I change to thumbnails when I'm in explorer and am giving a quick look for a specific picture I want.

Menu>view> you will see several view you can use... thumbnails, tiles, icon, list, and details. There is also a menu in your icon bar that you can click and select the views. It probably is the last icon in the icon bar.
Quote from Bob Smith :You're vieweing in thumbnails mode, doesn't that remove filenames anyway? Never tried it tbh, details view ftw (win3.1 nostalgia). Just a thought.

no it doesnt. the names where always under the thumbnails before. hmmm. im curious whats caused it to change more than anything.
If you resize the icons they overlap text, also turn on auto arrange and see if that helps at all.
Go download the latest Linux Ubuntu, bung it on a CD and shut your pc down. Put the CD in the disk tray (make sure you have it to boot from CD for this) and follow the simple steps.

This will solve your problem and many more
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If you resize the icons they overlap text, also turn on auto arrange and see if that helps at all.

sorry for being thik, but how do you resize the icons?
Captain slow.

Simple to fix.

Go to the directory above where that folder is... (eg: C:/myfilesroot/)

Hold down Shift (left shift) right click on the folder where all those files are that your having problems with. and choose open

after that the names will stay there.
#13 - CSU1
Quote from Captain Slow :sorry for being thik, but how do you resize the icons?

right click on the desktop and choose properties
go to appearance/advanced
pick icons from the items combobox

you can see in the pic in op that the blue boundry of the thumbnails are way too close together to accomadate text.
Quote from franky500 :Captain slow.

Simple to fix.

Go to the directory above where that folder is... (eg: C:/myfilesroot/)

Hold down Shift (left shift) right click on the folder where all those files are that your having problems with. and choose open

after that the names will stay there.

thank you mr frank. you have saved me from being bollocked by another frank (my dad) who comes back off holiday tomorow. thank you

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG