The online racing simulator
race whit 2 classes
(5 posts, started )
race whit 2 classes
Hi,
i have an idea about a race where there are 2 classes of race cars.
there are starting 2 groups racing in the same server.
1 group whit fxo gtr, xr gtr and fz50 gtr
the 2e group (light class )races whit xf gtr and the uf gtr
so 2 classes racing at the same time.
so what do you think of this idea ?

Greetings Dragon
two things:

- you need people that are experienced enough to hande the speed difference with lapping, or this could lead to trouble
- you need enough people in both classes to keep it interesting for all participants. No one likes to be the only one in his class (or one of 3 or 4 with the other guys being a lot faster). For this, the limit of 20 people is still a bit low. I suggest putting up a limit on how many people can drive in both classes to prevent from everyone except a few going to the fastest class.

It does add a bit of strategy to the race, dealing with lapped cars for the faster cars and not having to do as many laps (whilst they will be lapped) for the slower cars, so it sure can bring up some interesting races.
I think you'll end up getting very few people racing the lighter class, as people normally want to have a chance of winning.
You'll end up with 17 people racing the FXR/XRR/FZR and one person in an XFR cos he can't handle clean laps in the faster cars.
#4 - Chaos
Well I have organised a 2 class event and it was a succes.
We had the TBO+LX4 vs FZ50, RAC, LX6 classes, it was a race of pairs, each pair had to have one car from each class, the grid was made from the sum of the times of the pair, with the pair standing next to each other, the faster car on the left, slower on the right.
The final standing was made also by pairs, sum the final position of each member of the pair, the lower the number the higher the final position, in the case of equal sum, the relative positions of the faster class cars decided the final position...
#5 - X-Ter
We have raced GT type racing for almost three years on SCORE. Next year we will race Endurance event's using LFS and the GTR class cars. Both the RWD and the FWD GTR's.
I am hosting practice sessions every thursday night, starting at 20:00 CET and going on for as long as there are poeple on the server or I have to leave for work. If you like to test to race with two classes on tracks, you're most welcome

Look for a server named www.SCORE.does.it

Welcome!

race whit 2 classes
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG