The online racing simulator
[Request] Live settings for BF1?
(8 posts, started )
Hi all! I didn't know where to put this because its a request so please excuse me if I placed it in the wrong forum. Ok, well, I was thinking last night about the whole live settings thing that are in F1 cars these days (TC setting, brake bias[which we already have], ARB[already have], differential setting, rev limit setting and finally, engine brake setting). I may have missed some as well but I haven't read too much into what the driver can change whilst driving.

Anyway, some of you may think that this isn't very important but when you do long distance races, just like the real thing, I found if I shift at lets say, the 2nd light in the BF1, I can almost cut the amount of fuel I use per lap normally by 50% (seriously ) so I was thinking that it would be very handy to have a rev limiter setting to be able to use less fuel, thus being able to race a lighter car. TC setting is also something I would like to be able to adjust as the race stretches on. When I first start the race, the car can be heavy and slippy at the back so I'd use a bit more TC than usual then I would like to be able to use less (altho, does depend on the state of the rear tyres) TC as the car gets lighter and isn't as slippy at the back.

As for the engine braking and differential, well, I don't understand much with those settings as I am really a bit of a setup n00b but I am learning. I just think it would be really cool and REALLY handy to be able to change these settings whilst racing instead of having to compromise the setup to suit the car for the start of the race or for the last stint.
Agree. And I would very much like it when you can also bind buttons to it.
Very much agree, and suggest an InLiveSet protocol.
better yet it would be nice to be able to just bind to a pair of keys or an axis
I agree too, but shouldn't this topic stay into the "improvement suggestions" forum?
The problem is that we don't want two-way telementary. In R/L F1 all ARB etc. changes must be made by the driver twiddling buttons.
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi all! I didn't know where to put this because its a request so please excuse me if I placed it in the wrong forum. Ok, well, I was thinking last night about the whole live settings thing that are in F1 cars these days (TC setting, brake bias[which we already have], ARB[already have], differential setting, rev limit setting and finally, engine brake setting). I may have missed some as well but I haven't read too much into what the driver can change whilst driving.

Anyway, some of you may think that this isn't very important but when you do long distance races, just like the real thing, I found if I shift at lets say, the 2nd light in the BF1, I can almost cut the amount of fuel I use per lap normally by 50% (seriously ) so I was thinking that it would be very handy to have a rev limiter setting to be able to use less fuel, thus being able to race a lighter car. TC setting is also something I would like to be able to adjust as the race stretches on. When I first start the race, the car can be heavy and slippy at the back so I'd use a bit more TC than usual then I would like to be able to use less (altho, does depend on the state of the rear tyres) TC as the car gets lighter and isn't as slippy at the back.

As for the engine braking and differential, well, I don't understand much with those settings as I am really a bit of a setup n00b but I am learning. I just think it would be really cool and REALLY handy to be able to change these settings whilst racing instead of having to compromise the setup to suit the car for the start of the race or for the last stint.

the BF1 needs a lot of things, like real settings that the sauber has, like low speed traction controll, high speed TC, diff settings (real life u can adjust the diff) fuel mode, gear shift speed, ohh the possibilites, and I would by a F1 wheel just for those settings, I hope a company develops a F1 wheel, like with all the dials ect, you could have any team u wanted ferrari, bmw anything, sorry my imagination is getting ahead of me ill go back to dreaming
#8 - Lible
Quote from seinfeld :the BF1 needs a lot of things, like real settings that the sauber has, like low speed traction controll, high speed TC, diff settings (real life u can adjust the diff) fuel mode, gear shift speed, ohh the possibilites, and I would by a F1 wheel just for those settings, I hope a company develops a F1 wheel, like with all the dials ect, you could have any team u wanted ferrari, bmw anything, sorry my imagination is getting ahead of me ill go back to dreaming

That wheel will be pricey..

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG