The online racing simulator
Rules
Rules

There will be a qualifaction period of 15mins, and a main race
Qualification : This is a ONE SHOT qualifying system, that means that once you have left the pits to start your qualification, you will not be permitted to re-enter the qualification if you pit, once you are out, thats it, no second goes.
The league will always start on Thursdays at 19.30 BST (British Summer Time GMT+1).
The idea of the league is simple, fun racing.
You will find the results, standings and replays in the RSSC forum
All times are British Summer times (BST).

General Rules:

Drive clean and fair.

Car Selection:

-You must choose between the RAC (Raceabout) and the FZ50, once you have raced the first event in any car you MUST use this car for the rest of the season, the FZ50 must NOT use TC

Track conditions:

- Track conditions and time CAN change, the website will be updated with a weather report at least 1 day before the event.

Chatting:

- Chatting MUST be limited during the main race, only sorry or likewise being allowed.
- You can block messages in the main race, but be aware that this will also block messages that may help you in avoiding a penalty.

Disconnection:

- If you got a disconnection during the race you can not rejoin the race but you can spectate.

Reset:

- Resetting is NOT allowed, if you are stuck, or inverted you may Shift-S back to the pits.

Restarts

- The race WILL NOT be restarted under ANY circumstances

Yellow and Blue Flags:

- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- No overtaking during Yellow flag (except the car/s that caused the yellow Flag).
- If you accidentally passed someone under yellow, you must let him pass you again ASAP!
- Drivers must use caution and be prepared to slow down under Yellow Flag conditions.
- When the Yellow Flag disappears from your screen you can overtake again.
- When you got a Blue Flag let the faster car/s pass you easily as fast as possible.

Race Starts:

- Remember to close all unnecessary programs and websites in the background (like MSN, LFS World etc.) before you race! Because these things take away a bit of your Internet bandwidth and this could cause lag (timeouts) for you and the other racers on a server.
- There are no restarts of the race - no matter what.
- Main race starting order is the result from qualifying.

Pit Stops:

- There is NO forced pit-stop in the race, you can of course do a pitstop if your car is damaged.

Race Penalties summary:

- If you come too late and join after the qualifying has started = Your starting position will be the end of the grid.
- Wrong Passing under Yellow (and don't give the place back immediately) = You'll placed behind the driver you passed in the final results of that race (be warned If he DNF you also DNF because you'll be placed behind him!).
- Rejoining a race / joining an ongoing race will also end in a DSQ.
- All other things that are actually not in this list can of course be penalized by the Admins after the race (i.e. reckless driving, pushing someone out of his pit, etc.)

- Qualifying winner = 1 Point
- Race:
Position 1 = 26
Position 2 = 23
Position 3 = 20
Position 4 = 18
Position 5 = 16
Position 6 = 14
Position 7 = 13
Position 8 = 12
Position 9 = 11
Position 10 = 10
Position 11 = 9
Position 12 = 8
Position 13 = 7
Position 14 = 6
Position 15 = 5
Position 16 = 4
Position 17 = 3
Position 18 = 2
Position 19 = 1
The server will be open at 19.00 BST. You must be there before 19.30 BST.
Dare I say it. 1 Import rule missed there dan, with the inclusion of X10, and I think you know where I am going here
#3 - bozo
3 questions.

By one shot qualifying, I take it that you can do as many laps as you like in the 15 minutes, but you just can't pit?

At the end of the 15 minutes qualifying, can you finish the lap you are on?

Do the yellow and blue flag rules apply to qualifying as well? If so, it may be difficult to police except by retrospective penalties.

As far as I can remember, last year we had very clean drivers who behaved exceptionally well. So hopefully we can expect the same this year even with the bigger grid.
Forced cockpit?, in it's current form, no, while I agree that forced cockpit is a good idea, ATM, it's implementation is FAR too restrictive.

@bozo....

Yes, you can do as many laps as you like in the 15 mins, but are not allowed to pit, then go back on the track.

At the end of 15 mins you CAN finish the lap you are on

As for flag rules, I think we'll just have to be sensible, I would do superpole again, but I think it was a bit long winded and a pain to organise.

Yeah, we did have a good grid, of VERY good drivers, fingers crossed for this year
#5 - DeKo
Quote from danowat :Forced cockpit?, in it's current form, no, while I agree that forced cockpit is a good idea, ATM, it's implementation is FAR too restrictive.

@bozo....

Yes, you can do as many laps as you like in the 15 mins, but are not allowed to pit, then go back on the track.

At the end of 15 mins you CAN finish the lap you are on

As for flag rules, I think we'll just have to be sensible, I would do superpole again, but I think it was a bit long winded and a pain to organise.

Yeah, we did have a good grid, of VERY good drivers, fingers crossed for this year

By pit, Do you mean both shift-p and stopping, or are you allowed to physically stop in the box?
no pitting, by any means
Out of curiosity, say that the server pukes out half of the drivers on first lap due to cosmic radiation – still no restart?

EDIT: Lemme rephrase. Will the admin restart the race in the case of catastrophic server failure?
Well, I guess if anything that terminal happens, then we can think about it, but in general, no restarts.

So PLEASE everyone, don't go barrelling into T1, because it will not only ruin your race, it will ruin everyone else's, because I WILL NOT restart due to that for sure.
#9 - bozo
There is a bit of a speed differential off the start for the first race (Aston Historic). The RAC gets off the line quicker, but the FZ50 catches back up by the end of the straight. The RAC then can take the first corner quicker, but no doubt many will be twitchy.

It would therefore be very useful to remind everybody before the race about their responsibilities to make the race clean for all. There will be plenty of opportunities to pass elsewhere; for T1 it is best to merely hold position.
Yeah, I will mate, 20+ powerful road cars, on cold road tyres into T1 is going to be interesting, and yeah, T1 being a position holding excercise is a good idea.
Quote from Kdovi :How will you control that?

Same as last year, assume people are honest, and check the replay's after the event, anyone cheating will get a penalty
AFAIK there is no need to check that: with TC on the FZ5 is much slower than without
Willi: I know, just wondering because we'll have some Czech league with forbiden TC soon
to stop people talking like at aston y not if they get out ov hand who ever is talking like a conversation they get a penalty aswell
The Rule Bout If You Over Take On Yellow And Dont Let Him Back Through You Finish Behind Him .

So I Do That To The Person Who Fineshes First I Come 2cond ????
In theory, yes, but in practice, unless someone complains, no
ok thats cleard that up its been confusing me since day 1 ov the rssc lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG