The online racing simulator
LFS S3 [distributable weights, body kits, sounds]
Hi people, and STAFF!

First, sorry for my bad eng.

Maybe, that is our plans, too.

I was very happy, when i realised, we can modify car PS and weight (+) in patch X. THATS THE REALLY FUTURE OF CAR SIMS!!!!!! (The beginning).

PLEASE STAFF!

The idea: Variable CAR - weight (and dist), PS, TORQUE, RIM/Tire size, and DIMENSIONS (lenght, height, width, WHEEL-BASE, and TRACK).

OKAY, but this "OPTION" needs a millions of car models... NOT!

Just a primitive car relation model, like the resize function in picture editor programs. (Later you can upgrade that thing). + maybe 10-20 parts (car front, middle, and rear models, to make the nearest car to people wishes (also editable in the lfs)).

ITS not about the graphics, its about the REALISTIC PHYSICS. (like the lfs, but lfs has great graphics.) (THE BEST ENGINE IN OUR TIMES, runs also absolutely great on a low-end pc). (and also the best physics engine ever).

THATS THE WAY EVERYBODY CAN MAKE HIS OWN (real life) CAR, and play, reace with it.

(With taking the original S2 cars, of course).

And (my) other problem. The CAR SOUNDS. I know, you are strive to make greater and better sounds, but why don't you record original car sounds to lfs's fantasy cars? Its shame, thats other raceing games hase great car sounds, and a laughly others. (the full game).

LFS's new (X) Turbo sound is a SUPERCHARGER (its nice!) sound!!!!!!!!!!

Turbo - whistle
Supercharger - yowl

And all of the cars has this supercharger sound, if car has'nt turbo, than very very very softly. Thats not good.

What do you think about it??????????

DC
#2 - XRRoy
Well err..not going to happen, sorry.

But the supercharger sound you were hearing is actually gear whine from the gearbox. I suppose it shouldn't be heard that loudly (or at all) outside the cars though.
#5 - Gunn
LFS is already the best racing sim. As for popularity, it isn't really a goal.
What you say sounds interesting, if I understanded you right you wanted a lot more possibilities to change things on the car, and you want to be able to make your own cars?

Well, we don`t know yet, but we possible get the oppurtunity to add cars and tracks to the game when S3 has been released. Before that we just have to wait and see what the developers do, but you can suggest of course
Quote from Blackout :I suppose it shouldn't be heard that loudly (or at all) outside the cars though.

I've been to see a few RL races and as the car is coming towards you most of the sound is gearbox whine. This was BTCC cars, so other kinds may be different.
We're happy you're so enthousiastic about LFS . By the way, we're still in in S2 alpha, so we've got a long way to go to S3.
So far the most interesting thing in this thread (next to Gunn's mooning) is the demo user avatar.
Probably had it before the restriction on uploading was put in. Thus he gets to keep it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Probably had it before the restriction on uploading was put in. Thus he gets to keep it.

Would the same apply to signatures? I think it's Senna's which is like... 6 lines or something and I can't have more than 4.
Quote from spankmeyer :So far the most interesting thing in this thread (next to Gunn's mooning) is the demo user avatar.

Doesn't avaliable LFSS2 X in demo mode?

I also anwer to other guys in one r.

---

LFSS2 or 3. Yes i know we are in lfss2, but whats next big jump? lffs2 beta? doesnt think so... maybe s3. i dont want this changes in the next week.

---

"LFS is already the best racing sim. As for popularity, it isn't really a goal." YES. Thats what i'am talking about. Most popular is just a keyword to the brst game. (i know Nfs is also popular, for arcade racers, lol.)

---

The sound... Its not the most thing with lfs. Just a perception, but i would like nicer and original car sounds in lfs.

(one small thing. how tho change my avatar people, i can't find in the p sett menu).
Well, i couldn't understand everything, but the things mentioned would bring many many problems with them, especially the car mod thingie.
For the souds, has been discussed many times, due to future plans it stays this way.
PS:
You could post your argument in the hungarian community, if it's good, they will forward it in correct english so everyone can understand
I think it's www.liveforspeed.hu

Edit: avatar not available for demo users since last year i think, you kept yours because you uploaded it before that. So you can't change it also - i think

Edit 2: next IS lfs beta, but that is also so far away, we will see Y and AA..AB or whatever way before that
Quote from K.David :Would the same apply to signatures? I think it's Senna's which is like... 6 lines or something and I can't have more than 4.

Yes, there was a character limit reduction at some point last year. If you don't edit your sig you can keep the long version.
Quote from GabbO :Well, i couldn't understand everything, but the things mentioned would bring many many problems with them, especially the car mod thingie.
For the souds, has been discussed many times, due to future plans it stays this way.
PS:
You could post your argument in the hungarian community, if it's good, they will forward it in correct english so everyone can understand
I think it's www.liveforspeed.hu

Edit: avatar not available for demo users since last year i think, you kept yours because you uploaded it before that. So you can't change it also - i think

Edit 2: next IS lfs beta, but that is also so far away, we will see Y and AA..AB or whatever way before that

Do not say dude, that its completely ununderstandable what i wrote. Its maybe too much, what i want.

I'ts simple.

Variable car:

- weight
- horsepower
- torque

- lenght
- width
- height

- wheel-base
- width of the track

- rim size
- tire size

Thast's all. (The car model, the design is disinterested, just maybe the type, (coupe, sedan, hatch)). 3-4 general car designs like the lfs fantasy cars, with variable dimensions. (In logical real limits).

why we can't make absolutely private our car? (i wasnt thinkin about a 32kg/1500bhp), car, i was thinking, that way we can do our stock factory cars, and lfs do not have to buy any license. Make a private car, with any parameters isnt free? i think it is. Make your own car is a BIG FUN.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from Dreamcaster :

why we can't make absolutely private our car? (i wasnt thinkin about a 32kg/1500bhp), car, i was thinking, that way we can do our stock factory cars, and lfs do not have to buy any license. Make a private car, with any parameters isnt free? i think it is. Make your own car is a BIG FUN.

Making your own car might be BIG FUN, but LFS is about great online racing with realistic physics. Developments and evolution in LFS are primarily geared towards great online racing with realistic physics. It's better that cars are more or less evenly matched for racing reasons than to have hundreds of varying cars that can't really compete with each other. No matter how popular some ideas might make this sim, they aren't necessarily going to be an improvement to great online racing.

And do I understand you correctly in your post where you seem to indicate that unlicensed drivers should be able to modify their car offline? If so, you would most likely never buy a license. Where would LFS' future be then? I hope I have misunderstood you in this case (if so, accept my apologies).

*edit: and now you've edited the topic title. The meaning of our replies is partly lost.
car editing was possible, and was taken out again for several reasons.

modding has been mentioned a quadrillion of times the devs are not going to make any attempts to make this happen (sadly) but also understandable, as the game has no final aeromodel (deforming parts do not have any effect on the power or driveability of a car)

i wish modding and stuff would be possible with this game, but it won't happen (because not only the devs don't want it, but also lots of narrow minded people in lfs don't want it. and they'll fight against it until the bitter end...)
Quote from Gunn :Making your own car might be BIG FUN, but LFS is about great online racing with realistic physics. Developments and evolution in LFS are primarily geared towards great online racing with realistic physics. It's better that cars are more or less evenly matched for racing reasons than to have hundreds of varying cars that can't really compete with each other. No matter how popular some ideas might make this sim, they aren't necessarily going to be an improvement to great online racing.

And do I understand you correctly in your post where you seem to indicate that unlicensed drivers should be able to modify their car offline? If so, you would most likely never buy a license. Where would LFS' future be then? I hope I have misunderstood you in this case (if so, accept my apologies).

NO, NO, NO!

LFS staff hasn't buy original car makes! (i thing for the beginning is fully enuogh the skin/dds editing to customiz the outlook. If lfs staff will be very rich, than can buy original car makes and modells). OF COURSE PEOLPE HAVE TO BUY LIVE FOR SPEED GAME!

I am talking about making REAL LIFE CARS with real parameters in lfs. (The users) So we can play with ANY real life car in the best sim game ever, the lfs.
#20 - Gunn
Quote from Dreamcaster :

I am talking about making REAL LIFE CARS with real parameters in lfs. (The users)

Yeah I know what you're talking about, but you don't seem to know what I'm talking about, so it is difficult to continue participating in yet another one of these threads. Best wishes and I hope you enjoy LFS. Good day sir.
Quote from Dreamcaster :Do not say dude, that its completely ununderstandable what i wrote

I couldn't understant everything = I was not able to understand all the things you are trying to tell us, only some of it....

And this is the reason i gave you the link to your local forum. Please try it at least, to sort out some unclearities..

Btw, as mentioned before car modding is a no go here for several reasons

Gunn: He meant that the devs don't have to pay licensing fees that way.
Quote from Fischfix :i wish modding and stuff would be possible with this game, but it won't happen (because not only the devs don't want it, but also lots of narrow minded people in lfs don't want it. and they'll fight against it until the bitter end...)

Who said it won't happen? I don't recall the Scaviers ever mentioning anything about making LFS not moddable -- for all I know, they won't until S3 is finished (which is not only the right, but the only logical and sensible decision). And whatever comes after S3, nobody knows -- probably not even the Scaviers.

And please don't call people narrow minded just because they happen not to share your views, thx.
#23 - Gunn
Quote from GabbO :
Gunn: He meant that the devs don't have to pay licensing fees that way.

Yes I know, he explained that in his reply to me.

I think that free modding of performance parameters on a per-user basis will damage racing in LFS. As for real cars, they also are not needed, LFS can reach its goals without them. I'm not against real content, but it isn't needed to make the best racing simulator, that much is already plainly obvious to me.

As much as I'd love to hear/drive a supercharged car in LFS, I wouldn't want to see the option to add a supercharger to a car or not as the user sees fit. Hopefully that makes my position a little clearer.
Sorry guys. :ashamed::ashamed:

I dont wont to make a jangle. I just wont to write a simple idea. To make own (physical) parametered cars in lfs. (not the outlook (not nfs pimping), just the technical and physic datas).

Sorry if you dont agree with me. :ashamed::ashamed:

I am sad...
Don't be sad mate:drink:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG