The online racing simulator
wheel to handbrake
(12 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
wheel to handbrake
could anyone tell me if its ok to leave the wires what go to the buttons on the steering wheel disconnected from the circuit board in the wheel as i have removed the wheel off of my old logitech steering wheel to make a handbrake and was wondering if it is ok to leave the clip disconnected from the board i hope people understand what im saying.
No problems, except that you don't have any buttons to push on your wheel...
#3 - sam93
I want need the buttons because i have a g25 and just changing my old logitech Driving Force Ex into a handbrake.

Ill try and get pics posted once ive finished it but i still need to get some wood to make a housing for it and put a spring on the wheel so it returns back to null position.
I did it, you can see it on my Thread, very easy to do
#5 - sam93
Could anyone help me around a problem i am having with my handbrake i made out of my old steering wheel.
the problem im having is i have to turn the wheel 180 degrees for the handbrake to come fully on rather than 45 degrees so could anyone help me around this problem i thought i may be able to turn the sensativaty up on the handbrakes axis so i wouldnt have to turn the bar on the wheel much to turn the handbrake on so could some1 tell me how i could only have to turn the wheel only 45 degrees for the handbrake to be fully on.

Sam.
#6 - DeKo
if its a logitech wheel you could limit rotation to about 45 degrees?

Otherwise there should be a way to calibrate the wheel so only a tiny bit of it is actually detected by LFS. dont ask me how though.
I've done it, just reset the calibration, and then move it the ammount you want it to go, don't move it to its full capacity.

Meaning.. hold the wheel in a certain position (unless you want it to start at center, at which point you don't need to read the rest), reset calibration, move it to the amount you want, and then calibrate your G25, while holding it from the starting point.
#8 - sam93
ok cheers so all i need to do is calibrate my driving force ex and then re calibrate my g25 yes.
I know, I'm saying if you want the DF to start somewhere specific BESIDES center, then you have to hold it there while you calibrate it and the others, without letting it center.

If you want it to start at center then it doesn't matter at all.

But either way you're going to have to press the recalibrate button in LFS.
#10 - DeKo
Quote from sam93 :ok cheers so all i need to do is calibrate my driving force ex and then re calibrate my g25 yes.

The driving force is logitech aswell though, right? Thus you could just set the rotation to whatever.
yes thats a logitech wheel aswell but the rotation cant be changed on it.
Quote from sam93 :Could anyone help me around a problem i am having with my handbrake i made out of my old steering wheel.
the problem im having is i have to turn the wheel 180 degrees for the handbrake to come fully on rather than 45 degrees so could anyone help me around this problem i thought i may be able to turn the sensativaty up on the handbrakes axis so i wouldnt have to turn the bar on the wheel much to turn the handbrake on so could some1 tell me how i could only have to turn the wheel only 45 degrees for the handbrake to be fully on.

Sam.

I used the pedal's potentiometers, wich are limited on move, but as XCNuse said, you can calibrate it in LFS (Ans so much games would do it too!)

wheel to handbrake
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG