The online racing simulator
Some thoughts about the administration of servers.
Idea 1 : Administrator rights list

Rather simple. Admins should be able to add a username to a list I.E. "/adminize duke_toaster" of licences that would auto get admin rights without passwords etc. Also a "/showadminlist" command would be needed to show who is on the admin list currently.

Idea 2 : "Remote control" from LFS World

Rather simple, just changing tracks and cars allowed etc. from LFSW if you are on the list of admins or are S2 licenced and you can type in the admin PW.
Since Patch X, admins can see other admins using the connection list and pressing shift-control as admins appear in a different colour.

Some people drive differently when they know there is an admin on the server. It was my understanding that it was felt that there shouldn't be an easy way for non-admins to know that there isn't an admin present so they don't abuse that fact. By not knowing they may find to their cost that one is present should they start doing things they shouldn't.

If I understand it correctly, the new conedodgers server system, when ready, will enable people to be given limited admin rights on the fly like you suggest, but I don't know how it achieves it.

Maxim

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG