The online racing simulator
LFS Server Name Abuse
(15 posts, started )
LFS Server Name Abuse
I was trying to load [LTC] Live To Cruise 2 earlier tonight, and found that someone was abusing it (in the way that someone was loading with the same game name).

The LFS licence "fthsjustin" was the only person that was in the server, and nobody else could join this server.

If you ask me, he was TRYING to steal the name/game, and I think there should be some kind of way of "registering" server names.

http://www.livetocruise.net/server_abuse.jpg
Last time this came up IIRC the conclusion was that there isn't much you can do about this.
Nothing you can do except from persuade the guy to change the name.
Ignore him. Problem solved.

NEXT!
cant we have LFS world require uniqueness in name?
It would be nice if server 'tags' could be registered so that hijacking couldn't occur. CTRA would be only for certain LFS user accounts etc. It isn't that simple though, as the dedicated server currently does not 'login' or unlock 2 per se, it just runs. Some kind of pubstats system would be needed.

Then of course there is the issue of abuse, like registering the tag 'race' or 'cruise'. I guess some kind of formatting would be necessary - like tags being at the start.

It would annoy me greatly if somebody setup servers with my teams tags, although in the case of UKCT's servers I think it would be pretty clear soon after logging in .

Just put the number sign in before the 2....[LTC] Live To Cruise #2
Registering server names :thumbsdow

Unless of course you trade under that name and you're losing business, But me thinks that ain't so.
What if one person registers all the possible tags? Then what? :evil:
have it as a request, and then the dev team have to accept it?
dude, uh... i dont register servers i get them for free
#12 - Jakg
...and that makes it better how?
:d:d:d
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Ain't this the same cat that was badmouthing 500Servers because they weren't able to give him a free server?

/me goes to edit his banlist.
Quote from banshee56 :Ain't this the same cat that was badmouthing 500Servers because they weren't able to give him a free server?

/me goes to edit his banlist.

yer it is hes a noob always causing trouble i just got a server from 500servers and they were faultless and more that help full so i back you and the others all the way

LFS Server Name Abuse
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG