The online racing simulator
Murray Walker Returns To Commentating!!!
Wicked, I'm so thrilled at this !

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ra ... urns-to-commentating.html

Formula One's legendary voice, Murray Walker is to commentate for BBC Radio Five Live from the European Grand Prix in Germany on July 22.

This will be Walker's first return to a UK commentary box since his retirement in 2001. Regular Five Live presenter Maurice Hamilton will be in the commentary box with Walker, with Holly Samos providing all the news from the pit lane, replacing David Croft whose baby is due that weekend.

Walker will also commentate on the qualifying session for the race on Saturday July 21, as well as hosting a special Formula One edition of the Five Live 606 phone-in, live from the Nüerburgring at 6pm that evening.

Commenting on new racing star Lewis Hamilton, who will feature in the race, Walker said: "I think that Lewis Hamilton will go on to be one of the greatest drivers of all time. There aren't enough superlatives for what he is doing race after race – it's extraordinary and unprecedented in the history of Formula One. I've been watching Formula One since it began and I have never seen anything like this in my life. I think it is more than feasible that he could win the championship this year, which would be incredible. I've only met him once so far but he is also a thoroughly nice chap."
yeah, lets hope they don't ruin anyone else's race.

Hate NooBs with 30 million dollars.
Why would you want to listen to Walker commentate?

He's a senile old idiot.

He can't even tell which car is which, let alone which driver.

He should stick to commentating the wheelchair races down at the local retirement home.
WTF? Have you ever heard this genius at work? Have you ever watched the dullest Grand Prix since 1950 and still been enthralled? I have, I grew up listening to Murray - I got interested in motor sports because of Murray. I'm only here today making stuff for LFS because of how brilliant Murray Walker is.

The man is a legend, until he came along commentators said 3 words every 5 minutes. He revolutionised all television sports broadcasting, and since he left F1 the commentator doing his old job has continued to infuriate viewers.

I for one will be watching the ITV broadcasts with the sound off, and the radio on !
Yes, he is a legend. And yes, a long time ago, he was a very good commentator.

But he's past it now.

He's turned into a bumbling old idiot. He doesn't understand the sport any longer, and he is incapable of following the action properly.

Prime Walker vs. Prime Allen - WALKER, no contest.

Present Walker vs. Prime Allen - oooooh, that's a tough one. They are both shite!

Let's just have Brundle talk to himself the whole time. He's fantastic.
#6 - DeKo
ITV is getting muted with the radio on in the background then, pity it isnt brundle and walker though.
Hasnt he been commentating on some random aussie TV / Radio channel for a while, i seem to remember reading that somewhere.
He did commentate on the Aussie GP at the start of the season. There are videos on youtube with him doing his shizzle.
Quote from sam1600 :
He can't even tell which car is which, let alone which driver.

Exactly why he was great. He made the commentating interesting and got the audience more interested in the race because he was more excitable. The Brundle, Walker combination made a great team IMO. Made the races a lot more entertaining than Allan and Brundle.

The things Murray came out with were hilarious and there's a whole web page full of sound clips of the man at work - http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/f1_sounds.php

Keiran

#10 - robt
Just listened to that first clip keiran.....put a smile on my face and a shiver down my spine! BRING BACK MURRAY! ill be away that weekend can anyone give me the radio station frequency? i may be able to tune in whilst away.
Quote from robt :Just listened to that first clip keiran.....put a smile on my face and a shiver down my spine! BRING BACK MURRAY! ill be away that weekend can anyone give me the radio station frequency? i may be able to tune in whilst away.

google is your friend
Quote from sam1600 :Yes, he is a legend. And yes, a long time ago, he was a very good commentator.

But he's past it now.

He's turned into a bumbling old idiot. He doesn't understand the sport any longer, and he is incapable of following the action properly.

It's sad to admit it but I think this is the case too. Murray Walker was probably the best sports commentator ever, but listening to him now (and even in his last year in 2001) is truly sad. I wish he'd retired when he was still at the top of his form, not long after his decline. That way he could have kept a bit of dignity.
I agree he's past his best - but it's still nice to hear from him after so long, I dont know if this is a permanent return - very unlikely but yeah i'll definatly be listening, could you imagine if walker was commentating on Kubica's crash the other week... it just got a semi-warm response from Martin Brundle... if it was Walker - the speakers on the tv would be broken....
ANNNND LOOOK AT THATTT!!!

So what if he's past it, the man is a legend and if he wants to commentate on radio then good for him, nobody forces you to listen to him.
Quote from robt :Just listened to that first clip keiran.....put a smile on my face and a shiver down my spine! BRING BACK MURRAY! ill be away that weekend can anyone give me the radio station frequency? i may be able to tune in whilst away.

I got goose bumps all over listening to the first clip.
Quote from The General Lee :I got goose bumps all over listening to the first clip.

Me too..
Fleetwood Mac/The Chain + Murray Walker = REALLY INTERESTING F1 !!

In fact, when Murray left and F1 moved away from BBC, I lost 99% of my interest in F1.

Anybody actually read Murrays autobiography btw? I have, and its one of the funniest autobiogs that I have ever read...grab it if you get the chance!
I imagine that there is a rights reason why they don't use The Chain ...
Murray's commentated for the last couple of Australian GPs for Channel 10.
The guy is a living legend and I'll listen to him call a race any time.

Onya Murray!
Murray ftw. I'd pick his excited babbling over James "The Twat" Allen's brand of psychotic screaming (I still have ringing ears from Allen's ejaculations over Jense's first [only?] win last season).
MURRAY WALKER, THE MAN, THE LEGEND!!!!! MURRAY FTW!!!

I for one also absolutely love him and am absolutely enthralled that he's making a comeback appearance. And yes, I have read his autobiography...twice, and I loved every line of it!!!

LOVE YOU MURRAY!!! you revolutionized F1!!!!
*looks to post above* Dang, somebody get that boy in a cold shower.
The guy is a legend, even during the old quali format when nothing would happen for half an hour, it was always worth sitting around to hear what MW had to say. As said before, the most boring race was made exciting by his antics. James Allen bores me to tears. A "past it" Murray would always be better that him, even if it to laugh at some of his mistakes. Thats what made MW the best, he always kept it interesting

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG