The online racing simulator
Goodwill in LFS...
(26 posts, started )
Goodwill in LFS...
Too many people focus on the bad points of racing in LFS and other sim racers in general. To pick a few at random...

"3/4 dont give a **** , why should I?"
"To people who spam blue flag messages: SHUT UP!"
"Wow...I just got a taste of how bad T1 can be"
etc. etc.

But I know there is good will in LFS and instead of bitching and moaning about anything and everything, how about chatting about moments of good will and kindness.

One thing that springs to mind was when I was racing on a Redline Racing, in the FOX and Blackwood. I had just the right amount of fuel, so if my race was clean lap after clean lap, I would run out as I hit the line. If I spun out or the like, I would have to 3 wheel a few yards. But after a bit of a messy race, I ran out of fuel just after the last 90° right hander (before the last left, followed by the sweeping, up hill right.) I must of been running in the top 5. The guy nehind me, MRNL Madman_CZ, pushed me around the last corners and over the line, losing a place or two in the long run.

Thats what I call sportsmanship.

So, common share your kind hearted experiences if they happened to you or you were feeling helpful yourself.

Note to mods: I would like this thread to be filled with kind heartedness from the LFS race track. Please could you delete any posts that talk about things IRL and general moans. Many thanks.
Thats what I call sportsmanship yep your right.
The genuine people in LFS out way the negative elements by a large margin.
Over the years I've had so many good experiences and great races in LFS and lots and lots of laughs , had skins painted for me, when I started in LFS I got offered setups and advice from day one.

So I dont have a blue flag!! macro I have a Thanks one instead,and you know something it seems to work better.
I know what you mean Mr.Penn and its good to race against you on RR
i love lfs, it has the best community and people almost always send me great setups.
Quote from JohnPenn :The genuine people in LFS out way the negative elements by a large margin.

I'd agree with that. Over the years I would be struggling to count how many good will incidents of seen or been apart of

Same as JohnPenn says the amount of gentalmenly race drivers I've diced with and the amount of help I recieved from the aliens of LFS and the general friendly nature of all in LFS is what has kept me returning again and again I try to give back a little of that when ever I'm online.
Sportsmanship up your a**

A joke
Yeah, I have to say that 4/5 of my races are a thrill, so I can't complain about the standard in LFS.
#8 - SamH
Quote from The General Lee :The guy nehind me, MRNL Madman_CZ, pushed me around the last corners and over the line, losing a place or two in the long run.

Yeah, he was in our Teamspeak, saying "I can't spin this bastard to save me life!"

j/k

Yep, there are some good sporting people in LFS. I like the fact that winning is NOT the only thing that's important, for most people. Yours is a good example of this
LFS Forum and LFS Online - it's hard to imagine the two are even related to each other at times.
I'm bad at remembering names and after each incompatible batch delete all old replays, so I can only express a general feeling.

I've had some brilliant times with just a really great atmosphere with quite a lot of different people where I'll have a fun and close battles and the "Good pass" "Good race" binds are used a lot.

Just respecting the other players and complimenting them will in my experience almost always result in some smalltalk where there is a quick sort of friendship formed and you are all looking forward to the next race hoping you can have the same fun/close battle again with those same people.

This atmosphere is what keeps bringing me back and why I love to play LFS.
... when I'm new to a car and track combo and I tentatively ask if anyone can send me their setup. Next thing I know, my names panel lights up like a christmas tree ...

Now that's nice.
#12 - CSU1
Quote from CSU1 :... no it's not, its just plain lazy

I meant the sentiment (but I think you knew that already , eh?) :splat:
Quote from CSU1 :... no it's not, its just plain lazy

It's lazy to not know about inferno setups or want to race and not spend 6 months trying to learn about setup?
Quote from JohnPenn :The genuine people in LFS out way the negative elements by a large margin.
Over the years I've had so many good experiences and great races in LFS and lots and lots of laughs , had skins painted for me, when I started in LFS I got offered setups and advice from day one.

So I dont have a blue flag!! macro I have a Thanks one instead,and you know something it seems to work better.

I think this may also reflect on your personality. I can remember your name because everytime you join a server you are very polite and fun I think your also pretty fast if I remember
mr penn is always helpfull on the Cone Dodgers server whenever i race him a real credit to racing. Him and Pringles are i think my favroute racers i meet currently on that server.
#17 - CSU1
Quote from dungbeetle : I meant the sentiment (but I think you knew that already , eh?) :splat:

OT: ...

Relax mrodgers, was just haven a larf is all
Meet drivers like JohnPenn, SparkyDave, sinbad, Gener_Al, Viper and many more which would make the list too long and realize that online LFS actually is much better than the impression some of the threads here make. :lovies3d:
Its the abundance of good stuff in LFS thats keeps me playing, if it were the other way around I wouldnt bother..

Lots of great racers on the server, even those Moo lads

I said Captain...He said, What?

Always a pleasure to race with you Captain, and the others on Redline Racing. Your servers are due alot more credit than is given.
Do our talking and racing on the servers..rather than here..

Always good to see you on there old boy
#24 - Iron
Well yesterday I was racing on KY NAT rev (iirc) with XRG (10 laps, "long" races ) and pretty much along the whole race I was in front of garph alias ATC gAg, i couldn't pull away, and he couldn't really get into take over position. In the 8th lap or so i came up to a backmarker, at a corner, i was gonna overtake him, but on the corner exit he braked, so I rearended him. I thought my race was "over", but ATC gAg was so kind he lifted, so we could continue to race. Though that didn't save me from screwing up the next couple of corners, so he eventually overtook me. I guess that incident took me out of the zone (yeah yeah, the excuses :P ).
Anyway that was really kind of him.
There is some goodwill and good races on LFS, but there is also some very bad losers. I am not wanting to start an argument and I am not whining. This thread has been open now for 3 days, if it was a name and shame thread about crashers and bad sportsmanship then I imagine that it would be over 5 pages long by now if the mods didn't remove it.

Last night I was watching some racing on CD3 and saw a dodgy overtaking move, I directly questioned the racer as to why he did it, had a little argument then he gave the place back as it was an unfair move. Some people just need a little reminding of how the game should be played.

For me, if I go to make an overtake and contact is made which is my fault because I have not left the other racer enough room then the place will be given back, even if we both spin and it means losing 5 places, why should I finish in front of someone else when I don't deserve it because I cant overtake?

Keep up the good racing guys, and abuse people who cant race properly and fairly

Chris[ENG]

Goodwill in LFS...
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG