The online racing simulator
Redline servers???
(23 posts, started )
Redline servers???
Where did they go???? I think im having withdrawls...
are you on Patch X.... thats where they are now...
make sure to select reset to on
I was all alone on Blackwood yesterday at 22:30 CET...
#5 - vrt3
Quote from FredrikB :I was all alone on Blackwood yesterday at 22:30 CET...

... until I arrived, and Trulli some time later
Why the hell reset on?
Redline forums are down too, so im guessing their whole server is down..
withdrawls bad...

we love you redline.. come back soon
really ? i still cant get into either
anything i can do ?

edit.. ok, it is good now :P thanks 4 heads up
#10 - Jakg
Reset on = for people who can't drive and need help to finish racing.

Until they turn it off, I for one will not be bothering with their over-adminned, spammy insim software'd servers.

Thanks for some of the racing in the past, but this is just silly.
Quote from Jakg :....

Yet another feature from Scawen wasted

There's a case to be made in defence of allowing car reset on the grounds that with the current collision detection/damage model there are numerous incidents which should end up in a fairly innocuous bounce across the kerb/grass but which actually end up with a car that's destroyed and upside down 20 metres from the track.
Quote from Jakg :....

Yet another feature from Scawen wasted

i agree... BUT /canrest=no < should be taken out of the game, and hard coded in, so that the rest option..... isnt an option. If you roll, crash or end up in the gravel, then thats your mistake and therefore you should retire...

whens the last time you saw Robert Kubica reset his BMW-Sauber in Formula 1??? I say that because LFS is supposed to be a simulator, to be close to the real thing as i gets (so far so good i may add)... so why add a reset function?

I think the reset function should be kept to Single Player only for offline practising... but thats my personaly view. and ive gone off topic here slightly but i needed to mention that. Sorry.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from amp88 :There's a case to be made in defence of allowing car reset on the grounds that with the current collision detection/damage model there are numerous incidents which should end up in a fairly innocuous bounce across the kerb/grass but which actually end up with a car that's destroyed and upside down 20 metres from the track.

Yup, but out of all the laggy car collisions they don't end in rolls unless you don't brake for a corner (in which you deserve your race ended from), or if you decide to clip the kerb, and i'm fairly sure that although IRL that kerb (on the BL Chicane) probably wouldn't roll you it would probably rip a whole in your tire, as the tires in LFS can't be punctured in this way they just grip, rolling you over. It's 90% of the time your fault if you roll, and hopefully this way we will see people not trying to bounce the cars over kerbs and take a little more care.
I was driving the LX6 around SO4 earlier and the rear wheel slid into the pavement and just kissed it. I was doing roughly 30mph and my car was thrown into the air, barrel rolled twice and landed with the two left side suspension assemblies red and on its 'roof'. My fault for running wide, but the punishment does not fit the crime. Lag collisions often result in cars being pinballed across the track, out of the user's control, and into objects which may cause them to roll. Until the collision detection and damage systems are semi-realistic at least I don't think people should be punished so harshly for their shortcomings.
I didn't even know there was a reset option until I'd been playing for 18 months. I hate it. I think if you roll or end up buried in a gravel trap you are out of the race. Is it really such a big deal to wait for the next race? Usually it's only 5 laps anyway.

Reset is always disallowed on the GFC server if anyone fancies some dual class FOX/FO8 racing. It does seem to make people a little more careful.
#17 - Damo
What tracks is your GFC server running?
chill out guys if you dont want to reset then dont
#19 - Damo
Quote :Until they turn it off, I for one will not be bothering with their over-adminned, spammy insim software'd servers.

Seems like you have a gripe somewhere dude.
I personally love their servers ,seems many more do too as they are always full.
#20 - DeKo
Quote from Damo :What tracks is your GFC server running?

KY nat, was better on as hist
Quote from DeKo :KY nat, was better on as hist

Track changes every 2 weeks mate, due to the GFC Championship taking place in those particular combos, its hosted so we can practice our sets and strategies .
Quote from DeKo :KY nat, was better on as hist

I dont think so. I enjoy racing on this track much more.
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :i agree... BUT /canrest=no < should be taken out of the game, and hard coded in, so that the rest option..... isnt an option. If you roll, crash or end up in the gravel, then thats your mistake and therefore you should retire...

whens the last time you saw Robert Kubica reset his BMW-Sauber in Formula 1??? I say that because LFS is supposed to be a simulator, to be close to the real thing as i gets (so far so good i may add)... so why add a reset function?

I think the reset function should be kept to Single Player only for offline practising... but thats my personaly view. and ive gone off topic here slightly but i needed to mention that. Sorry.

when have you last seen Kubica flying 20m in the air and doing 3-5 roll-overs after just slightly touching the barrier ? Or when have you last seen cars (not only F1 bolids) flying 20m in the air and beeing wrecked because they touched a tyre that was lying on the road going 30-40 kph
So you see sure everybody wants realism , to bad we dont have it yet

Redline servers???
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG