The online racing simulator
servers, drivers and compatability
Since the update to patch X, the activitiy on LFS has slowed down by a majority. The user's online has died down, and the number of server's has gone down from 400+ since W down to about 80 max on patch X. What the hell is going on? When U was made incompatible, everyone went straight to V and there was hundreds of servers on there almost instantly, and one more thing, i could understand the reason for making U incompatible due to changes to the master server, but why make W incompatible? Im all for progress in LFS (bring on the new cars!! ) But why make W incompatible? There were some great server's on there was a great selection of servers on W, which made it all the more entertaining, so im wondering these two things...

1. Why has the number of players and servers died down
and...
2. Why not make W & X compatible together instead of making just the one compatible?

Feel free to leave your opinions here....

Frenchy

Edit, could a mod please rename the thread name to "servers, drivers and compatability", Thank you
Thanks nuse
There are currently 566 patch X servers up.

edit: and as far as I know, W and X aren't mutually compatible because of sync issues with the different clutch settings and netcode/multiplayer options.
Huh?!?
Furthermore, here's a screenshot from LFSW showing the server and driver usage over the past 80 days:

As you can see, very little change. If anything, it's trending upward slightly.
Omg, im such a noob, i was only showing public servers :dunce:

Ok, well what about making incompatible, does anyone agree with me thinking this was not right?
No, it had to be done, for a number of technical reasons. Scawen has explained them in the various patch threads.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Ok, well what about making incompatible, does anyone agree with me thinking this was not right?

No.

X brought a lot of improvements.
- preload Clutch
- better InSim
- Hi-Res Skins
- more stable Servers
- 32 Driverslots
- 47 Slots on the servers

If you take a look for the changes between W and X you will see that there is no chance for compatibility, and you will agree that X is the better version.
No, there was a change which meant it had to be incompatable.

Scawen doesn't just decide that a patch will be incompatable, a patch becomes incompatable when a feature is changed that needs to be the same on every host/client for the game to function properly. In this case, it was number of allowed connections/racers, and clutch preload.
Quote from Sven Menkhoff :No.

X brought a lot of improvements.
- preload Clutch
- better InSim
- Hi-Res Skins
- more stable Servers
- 32 Driverslots
- 47 Slots on the servers

If you take a look for the changes between W and X you will see that there is no chance for compatibility, and you will agree that X is the better version.

and false starts
and reset changes.
Hiya frenchy,

Maybe its because people only went on lfs alot due to the UKCT servers but i think there being set up again (insim) so it might take a while to load back up. Also CLC are probably doing insim to (if they can be bothered) and setting every thing up so they know its all stable.

Hope this helps,

Matty
When i started up patch x for the first time...I was like wtf?!?!? 50 servers??

I then noticed that the boxes at the boittom were un tivked by defaulkt :P

unticked them and 500 servers"!!!!@@@D
When I first started LFS patch X, I noticed many people we're retarded and incompatible with readme.txt and grammar.
Excuse my friend, he was apparently forced to drink 6 cans of beer tonight
I think that it is slow because for the majority of us, it is summer. We go on holidays, or cannot be bothered to be cooped up all day inside.
hmm, seem's i made myself look like a utter jackass....

May as well close thread then
Quote from Leifde :Excuse my friend, he was apparently forced to drink 6 cans of beer tonight

its true!!!

Nathan = jackass!!!
Im sober my ,man!!!
Quote from The General Lee :Im sober my ,man!!!

Quote from MSN : Me= So what you been upto tonight? Niall= Blah blah....dranky myself senseless....

O RLY?
Frenchy says:
I want you looney, soooo badly. Dont tell Danny. I dont really want to make him jealous...
Ahahahaah, yes of course...i told you not to tell anyone about this niall!!
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad : bah. n/m.
Quote from felplacerad :How does one apply for membership in Moo?

Theoretically speaking, of course.

i dont know if they are applying atm, but send leifde a PM if you are interested
#24 - SamH
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :hmm, seem's i made myself look like a utter jackass....

May as well close thread then

Or we could leave it open, so everyone can have a good laugh at you... who said this forum never has any fun?...

Seriously, though, it doesn't seem like 2 minutes since all this compatible/incompatible/OOS talk meant nothing to me at all. How time flies.. Does anyone remember the old days of P? Eeeeeee them were t'days! I can just about remember the day Q was released! Was it language packs? Me memory's fading...

Nathan, you'll soon be a veteran, don't worry! Things change around here faster than some realise
ahaha, sam your hearing things. Goto sleep

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG