The online racing simulator
Ban IP?
(10 posts, started )
#1 - m11a1
Ban IP?
Hey guys,

I have a simple question, I'm not a host for a server, but I'm the moderator for it, and here's my question, is it possible to ban someone by their IP? Like, here's the situation, I banned him but he is able to come back in, by banning his IP, I know that he won't be able to join again. So? Once again, I'm the admin, I can only use commands.

Thanks!
As a demo user unfortunately no, IPs can change just by reseting your internet connection, so the best demo can do is just ban by name, without banning the entire ISP.

Hopefully they will give up in time, sadly you'll have to put up with it.
#3 - m11a1
Cool, Thanks Anyways!
demo bans are by ip
If I got banned in a server, I just need to Alt+Tab out of the game and then disconnect the internet connection. Then I log back in. Ok perfect no more ban on hold! Simple as that!
Demo bans last 12 hours anyway, so at least you got 12 hours of good playtime until the banned guy returns.

Thats the downside of demo, theres no S2 name to ban by
Quote from XCNuse :As a demo user unfortunately no, IPs can change just by reseting your internet connection, so the best demo can do is just ban by name, without banning the entire ISP.

Hopefully they will give up in time, sadly you'll have to put up with it.

I think you need to do some kind of research before you answer peoples' questions, you always seem to give a wrong answer .
Dunno it was damn late heh.. I don't remember what was going on hence my bob marley avatar.

IPs do reset when you reconnect to your ISP though right?
Quote from XCNuse :IPs do reset when you reconnect to your ISP though right?

Depends on the service agreement you have with them.

Not always.
Well i seem to have 2 IPs although I signup with only a broadband line. Maybe the Singapore ISP problems. But 2 IPs is better than one. When you get banned you disconnect and connect back and you're out of ban.

Ban IP?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG