The online racing simulator
FFB strength not always taken into account it seems
I realised something strange tonight, not sure if it was there before patch X. I had my FFB strength to about 25% and it seemed ok in the FOX and UF1 but I felt it way to strong in the FRR. I turned it down and down until it was set to 0 but it was still too strong. I pulled the slider all the way to 100 and 200% and yet no changes. Is that setting ignored in the GT cars or is this a bug with my setup? My wheel is a Logitech G25 running with the Profiler.

Thanks in advance!
Check your caster settings in the setup (steering section). More caster (higher degrees setting) will give more feedback than lower settings. If too low, you might not feel much as far as force feedback.

Caster is basically the lean, front to rear, of the steering axis of the front wheels (did I explain that correctly or intelligently? don't know :shrug
Make sure you have set up your wheel like this
#4 - Veiti
If your FFB strength ist to strong, even if you have set it down to zero, just press Shift-C for reinitializing input devices. This works for me.
Shift-C probably solves it
When I started the game today, the FFB strength reacted was fine when moving the slider. I guess it really has something to do with controls not reinitializing right. I've noted the Shift-C shortcut in case it happens again.

Also, thank you for the heads-up about caster, I know that setting can have an effect on the feeling I get from the car but, but that feeling should still be reduced when I pull the strength slider to the left :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG