The online racing simulator
#1 - sam93
Real speed and other gauges in racing rig.
I am thinking of building a racing rig and was wondering is there a way to get real gauges working as i would like to put real gauges in the rig so i can read how much faul and what speed im doing and so on as the gauges in the game arent very readable.
So if anyone knows how to get this to work or knows a site what tells you how to get this working please could you tell me.

Cheers,
Sam
#2 - sam93
Does anyone know if this has or can be done or is it easier to use a lcd screen about 8" to display the data and if so is there a english version of outgauge or whatever its called as i have forgotten what the software is called now.

Sam.
Something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggmr7WICuQ

Well, as you can see, it can be done, but with a great amount of work and knowledge I believe.

I have no idea for anything else, but I too would like to know.
-LoganC-
#4 - Chri
omg :cry::faint2::eye-poppi:bigeyes2::sour::yikes::bigeyes2::eek: :Eyecrazy: thats amazing

i wanna know what happend when he drives 250km/h and put the 1st gear in
ya, I'd like to know too!
I was also thinking about that. if you click his name, he can see his other videos. he has one of a real car dash board, but the tach. only goes to 8, so it's not much good for the higher end cars.
-LoganC-
anyone got likea how to?
i would love to see how they done that
btw the gauges from the last video look more real, dunno why, but it looks way smoother
Well, there isn't a thread with a project in as such, the working dash is a combination of parts that Leo (beta innovations) sells. The list is quite expensive if you don't already own a Plasma-Lite v2 module, but it does provide more opportunities than just a working dash.

Heres a short list of what you would need;

1x Plasma-Lite™ V2
1x RXC Expansion card (replace with NITRO card for some added extras)
1x HD44780 20x4 Character LCD (Displays infos about the car)(OPTIONAL)
1x SD9 Shifter display (Displays chars NR1234567890)(OPTIONAL)
4x AC305A (these are air core movement driver circuits)
or 4x AC305ACM (same as above but come with the air core movement itself)

The good thing about Leo is that he is always updating his firmwares to add new features to existing hardware, and is very open to suggestions for improvements (very much like Scawen in this respect).

If you have any questions then just ask over in the Beta Innovations forums and someone will get back to you very quickly.
Quote from GFresh :
The good thing about Leo is that he is always updating his firmwares to add new features to existing hardware, and is very open to suggestions for improvements (very much like Scawen in this respect).

Wait... doesn't Scawen have a kid called Leo? I figured he'd be a child prodigy but this is really something

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG