The online racing simulator
Allowed drivers in each track
(36 posts, started )
Hi, I write from liveforspeed.es.

Patch X allows until 32 drivers, we knew there are tracks with known limited capacity (SO sprint 1 and 2), but yesterday we raced at BL rallycross rev, and we saw that it only allows 24 drivers at same time.

The question is: is there any way to know how many drivers allows each LFS track? (it is very useful to know this information when anyone want to organize an LFS league)

Or simply this limitation of BL Rallycross is an error and it permits 32 drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Edited:

Limit found
BL1 and BL1r ==> 32 racers
FE Gold ==> 32 racers
Good question. I didn't know this was the case and am kinda glad I didn't choose any short circuits for the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge this season which is a 32 car grid league.
Vote for all tracks with 32 players! And lfs-spain FTW! I can't wait to play league races with three full-grid pools
Sorry for the bump, but I think this really is an important question that should be answered because league managers don't know how many people are allowed in each track until everybody is connecting to the server and then you realize that there's no room for everybody.

Making 32 players pools and then not being able to hold the league race because you didn't know the track player-limit is not a nice thing
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Vote for all tracks with 32 players! And lfs-spain FTW! I can't wait to play league races with three full-grid pools

Think about 32 cars on AS Cadet.
Nobody knows?

Scawen, help us
Hello mates from LFS Spain!! . I really miss the races with you

Now on topic: Maybe some info could be added to the track selection screen. Now track distance is shown in Km, so it could also show some extra info like the number of grid & pit slots.

I think it's an easy suggestion for Patch Y.
#8 - bbman
While it might be a rather easy solution, is this particular information really important for me as a client? I know, the length of the track isn't either, but that is at least information on which I can base things (if I want to)...

My point is, knowing how many grid spots there are is important when setting up a server, and therefore that information would be better stored in the manual...
#9 - S0ul
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :Think about 32 cars on AS Cadet.

I already had several races there....really good fun, though i was sceptic at first
XFR and UFR work great there
Quote from bbman :My point is, knowing how many grid spots there are is important when setting up a server, and therefore that information would be better stored in the manual...

Indeed it is. Imagine you set up your server with track rotation or something and when you have a full 32 players grid it rotates to a track with less capacity, so some of your players get automatically disconnected and can't rejoin

Also, it is very important to know for league admins who run leagues with several pools that can go up to 32 players per pool.
#11 - DeKo
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Indeed it is. Imagine you set up your server with track rotation or something and when you have a full 32 players grid it rotates to a track with less capacity, so some of your players get automatically disconnected and can't rejoin

they dont get disconnected, theyre just in spec and cant join, they get the "race is full" message.
Blackwood GP: 32 (90% sure)
Blackwood RallyX: 24 (based on your info above)
Blackwood Carpark/Autocross: 16
South City Sprint 1&2: 16
South City Classic/Town/Long: 30
Fern Bay: <unknown to me>
Westhill; Kyoto; Aston: 32 (90% sure)
If you get 11 people together you can try all tracks by adding AI cars (I think that max cars per guest is 3 in multiplayer mode) so you can get up to 33 cars. That way you can check how many drivers the track allows.

This is a pain though
Quote from Becky Rose :Blackwood GP: 32 (90% sure)
Blackwood RallyX: 24 (based on your info above)
Blackwood Carpark/Autocross: 16
South City Sprint 1&2: 16
South City Classic/Town/Long: 30
Fern Bay: <unknown to me>
Westhill; Kyoto; Aston: 32 (90% sure)

Thank you for the info.

What means exactly this 90%? Are you not sure about the limitation in these tracks? Have you tried it?
Quote from TRM.13 :Nobody knows?

Scawen, help us

I asked Scawen several times in the test patch forum and he didn't answer.
It would be very important to answer this question, please .
I don't understand why a lot of very important information about LFS's features are kept secret. It's no use to ask that question again, knowing there won't be an answer.

So, does anyone have a 32/32+ server we could use to find out the max allowed racers in each track? We also need a capable admin to change tracks and keep an order. No need to check every track configuration: BL1, FE1, FE2, FE5, FE6, SO1, KY2, KY3.... Now if we could only find an organizer, I would sign up for such an event!
Quote from Renku :So, does anyone have a 32/32+ server we could use to find out the max allowed racers in each track? We also need a capable admin to change tracks and keep an order. No need to check every track configuration: BL1, FE1, FE2, FE5, FE6, SO1, KY2, KY3.... Now if we could only find an organizer, I would sign up for such an event!

It has to be every config, other than reverses. BL2 uses the same starting grid as BL1 but has only 24 car limit.
why dont u just setup a server and test it urself?
a thing of 10 mins
yourself and another 31 people
or 32 cars at Fern Bay Rally x Green ???/
Quote from NikoP :Well, think about 32 cars on SO Sprint 2

another.. niko.. from finland.. ?
me iz zeh confuzed?
Quote from funnybone2 :or 32 cars at Fern Bay Rally x Green ???/

That would be legendary - with the UF1. Like F1 at Bristol xD

We need to test it though ...

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG