The online racing simulator
wet weather
(32 posts, started )
wet weather
why do's live for speed s2 do not have wet weather it would be fun tell me what you think
dynamic weather is one of the main improvements that will be made in the final release of S2.

We are only on S2 Alpha and so it is not the full version of the game, hence not all of the features are included within.
Final version of S2!!! I think you mean S3 (perhaps late late late S2 if we are REALLY nice to Scawen)
I understood that, the dynamic weather was one of the next and most important things on the list for the Devs so we will definetely be seing it before S3
I don't think that's what he said at all - he said he really wants weather (or words to that effect), and then said in a separate converstion that some 'S3' stuff will probably appear in S2 (but I doubt he means S2 upon release).

So yeah, S2 PROBABLY, but much later in the development cycle...
I haven't heard of any mention of weather being in S2, I've always been told it would be something in S3.

I always think of the last two stages like so:

S2 = Huge physics improvements and additions
S3 = Huge graphical & special effect improvements, and more additions + any other physics improvements

Could be wrong though... but that seems like the path we are going to take.
Ah, but you weren't at the Karting meet

Scawen didn't tell us anything special really, but the fact that he said he really wanted weather, and the fact the SOME S3 stuff will PROBABLY make it into S2 led me to the (wrong?) deduction that weather may make it into S2 eventually. Sort of like an extended Alpha test of just the weather...
Is this Tristan I see making assumptions. When I read this thread I see this:

At the karting meet, Scawen said he really wanted weather.
Then in a totally diffrent paragraph (in my eyes) I see, Some stuff from S3 may make it into S2.

I see Scawen has choose his words carefully, because there is no saying there that weather could be one of the things to make it into S3. But on the other hand, Tristan maybe correct in saying it could be in S2 to test it out for S3.

Unless anything else was said at the meeting that we do not know, then we could be heading for certainty made on whispers which is exactly not what we want.
Yes it is an assumption, but an assumption primarily made to make Scotties 'it'll be in S2 final' post look a little more realistic.

Don't, whatever you do, count on it being in S2 at any point. And don't come moaning to me if it isn't either.

Just to clarify - what I wrote above was a BIG assumption, and should in no way EVER be taken as gospel. Scawen did NOT say it would be in S2 at all (but then, he didn't say it wouldn't be either )
ohhh god, wet weather that would be awsome, btw totaly off the topic, but mark skafe is spelt Mark Skaife
I dont know about wet weather:
Water on the track = No grip
Water on the track = 0 visability
0 Visability = more crashes = more moaning = more restarts = fed up and boardom

But apart from that, yeah, fun
well...live for speed is a "race sim" and im sure in racing it rains if not please correct me
I can't wait to drive in the rain!!! I know noobs won't be able to do it (although they will try). But that doesn't mean private servers or adminned servers can't kick those unworthy of racing in those conditions.

Imagine, the FO8, round South City (but hopefully a mich narrow track, more like Monaco), spray everywhere, from your wheels, on your visor, hanging between the buildings. You can see the road markings a few feet ahead, but that's about it. You're driving via the noise of engines around you.
Suddenly, out of the spray looms another FO8, this one with major left-rear suspension damage. In the split second you've got before you hit him, you realise that his damage will proabably cause him to swerve left, and that you've probably just run over some debris.
You chuck the car right, but it momentarily aquaplanes on a puddle, before catching and slinging you round the obsticle. Only the slightly raised kerb and offline marbles stop you hitting the wall.
Remembering about debris you take it easier for a couple of laps, just in case you get a puncture.
I'm glad you clarified your earlier post, Tristan, these things become urban myth so rapidly as everyone wants dynamic weather, it would be so cool, they must be puttingit in S3, surely......too many people then later accept this yearning for undeniable fact, that gets quoted back later to people inquiring about the development!
It's nice to speculate...........
from what i understood from scawen telling me, he wont leave live for speed until its PERFECT, nothing will be left out, so theres no need to keep asking for F1 cars, weather, and karts
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't wait to drive in the rain!!! I know noobs won't be able to do it (although they will try). But that doesn't mean private servers or adminned servers can't kick those unworthy of racing in those conditions.

Imagine, the FO8, round South City (but hopefully a mich narrow track, more like Monaco), spray everywhere, from your wheels, on your visor, hanging between the buildings. You can see the road markings a few feet ahead, but that's about it. You're driving via the noise of engines around you.
Suddenly, out of the spray looms another FO8, this one with major left-rear suspension damage. In the split second you've got before you hit him, you realise that his damage will proabably cause him to swerve left, and that you've probably just run over some debris.
You chuck the car right, but it momentarily aquaplanes on a puddle, before catching and slinging you round the obsticle. Only the slightly raised kerb and offline marbles stop you hitting the wall.
Remembering about debris you take it easier for a couple of laps, just in case you get a puncture.

wow so detailed, it like you dream about this every night i hope it comes true for you, cause then it will for me lol
i have to say
ok why rain...i mean the affects are all ready there with no grip but u just need to add rain falling and not being able to see anything and u are fine except yeah maybe the feeling of wet on the road and the look... and maybe just a lil bit more slippery other than that it is slippery enough as it is....
Quote from (DSD)racer :ok why rain

Why not?
Quote from (DSD)racer :ok why rain...i mean the affects are all ready there with no grip but u just need to add rain falling and not being able to see anything and u are fine except yeah maybe the feeling of wet on the road and the look... and maybe just a lil bit more slippery other than that it is slippery enough as it is....

why rain....easy to answer...
realism....
DSDracer... it really isnt; at low speeds yes the grip is unreal, but other than that... its pretty real from my understanding.. i've never taken a sharp turn going 60 mph, but imo it seems real; its just the whole slow + slick = slip concept needs to be fixed somehow.. at full lock you cant turn a car in slicks without sliding forward

but.. con tristans' last post.. i dont think we would be racing the FV8 (well.. not positive but) .. do formula 3000s even race in the rain? i wouldnt know but if they dont.. i dont think we'd be doing it either lol

ooh.. now theres an idea, but about indy cars
XCNuse u have a good point. never really tought about how the grip is at the higher speeds... its more realistic but at the slow speeds yes unreal thankz XC you've solved my problem... half way just need to wait for some one to fix that slow = no grip or some one to come out with a program that helps it

Thankz Clayton
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
if you use emphasis it's even better

PUDDLES!!!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from XCNuse :do formula 3000s even race in the rain? i wouldnt know but if they dont.. i dont think we'd be doing it either lol

Of course, only in America do they stop racing because it's wet. Some meetings are very rarely abandoned because of the amount of spray and I've also been at a meeting that was abandoned due to the wind.
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't wait to drive in the rain!!! I know noobs won't be able to do it (although they will try). But that doesn't mean private servers or adminned servers can't kick those unworthy of racing in those conditions.

The more I read that, the faster I started to read it. I creamed in my pants.:lovies3d:
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The more I read that, the faster I started to read it. I creamed in my pants.:lovies3d:

Lovely!

I assume that the dynamic weather system would be linked to a dynamic track system.

wet weather
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG