The online racing simulator
Make LX6 a Race Car
(79 posts, started )
Make LX6 a Race Car
I've been driving the LX6 using the slickmod and it is wonderful!!!

On road tires it is a nearly uncontrollable beast yet on slicks it is a lot of fun and would be an excellent RWD competitor to XFR/UFR.

I noticed a thread further down mentioned LX4 or RAC as possible equivalents. However it noted RAC is slightly faster, and I've tested LX4 with slickmod and found it to be marginally slower. But I think LX6 is just right.

If the LX8 is canned for good would it be possible for the devs to switch the LX6 over to Race Car configuration (slicks, 1 seat, performance parts) in a patch for S2?

After testing the car on road tires and on slicks it becomes obvious that the LX6 is a road car that desperately wants to be a race car.

What do ya say devs? Can you make it's dream come true?

That would increase that car's popularity overnight I guarantee you!
That would be awesome

I would still like to have the LX8 GTR, but an LX6 GTR would be a damn fine.

I couldn't see an LX6 GTR racing against FWD buzzbox GTR's though, that would look wrong
Quote from Rotary :I would still like to have the LX8 GTR, but an LX6 GTR would be a damn fine.

The LX6 doesn't have to be 'GTR' with a turbo and whatnot. Just slapping slicks on it makes it a much racier car yet isn't all downforced up or tricked out. That would also leave room for an LX8 GTR with turbo and spoilers and tuner stuff.

Seriously, making the LX6 a race car in S2 Final may be one of the best reasonable/do-able changes the devs could make.
Would the LX8 really need a turbo? It should already be pretty spunky.
#5 - Chaos
please NO turbo in the LX8, it would possibly make it almost undriveable! I agree that a race version would be nice. But not make it out of the LX6 but add it.. the LX6 is a blast on KY nat versus the FZ50 and RAC! You get overtaken on the oval part, but take it back on the inside part of the track.
So leave the LX6 as it is now and add a LX6-R with slicks...
Nah, i can allready imagine what a turbo would do on a LX8

Lag -Lag - Lag MASSIVE WHEELSPIN BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Something like that :P
Nice, I like the idea of an LX6 with slicks :up:
/me gulps

I think the LX6 should remain as a road car. No slicks. Yes, the car is quicker and easier on slicks, but then we could put all the cars on stickier rubber if the noobs can't handle them.

If the devs made the LX8, then great, an LX GTR (who said GTR's have to have turbos anyway :S). But leave the LX4 and 6 as they are (and with further improvements to the road tyre physics you might find that even noobs can drive it!)

I mean, it's not as though the LX6 is especially difficult in S2 anymore, it's just that as LFS has become more popular, the driving standard has dropped dramatically.
Would much rather like to see the LX4 a race car instead in my opinion.

Here is what I said a while ago which would essentially make it a 'superlight' track-day version I guess:

Quote from Tweaker :Basically a 'track day' version of the LX4. All it would be is a LX4 with a slight bit more power, rollcage, tiny driver windscreen, slightly larger slick tires, and of course lightened a bit. A superlight version kinda . I was really looking forward to the LX8, and not having a race version of an LX is sad for any racing game

The LX4's shape looks FAR better for a track/race version. The LX6 looks too much like a heavy behemoth and for any car in the LX category, I think it needs to look lightweight and perform like a lightweight. Pumping up the LX6 would create some problems I think...
Quote from RacingSimFan :The LX6 doesn't have to be 'GTR' with a turbo and whatnot. Just slapping slicks on it makes it a much racier car yet isn't all downforced up or tricked out. That would also leave room for an LX8 GTR with turbo and spoilers and tuner stuff.

Seriously, making the LX6 a race car in S2 Final may be one of the best reasonable/do-able changes the devs could make.

Who mentioned anything about turbo's?? The original, but canned, LX8 GTR was a NA V8 - no turbo at all...
Quote from Tweaker :And here are a few examples of what I mean by a 'LX4 Track Day car'

http://www.seriouswheels.com/p ... Suzuki-Track-1280x960.jpg
http://www.caterham.co.uk/press/hires/Tracksport2.jpg
http://www.carpages.co.uk/cate ... aterham_cars_14_07_05.jpg
http://www.vfsvideos.co.uk/750caterham.jpg

Even better:
Caterham CSR260 Race ---- http://www.caterham.co.uk/press/auto-hires/47.jpg
http://www.auto-rennsport-page ... der/cat/04/2/CAT04_18.JPG
See More here

Don't say this isn't cool

Its interesting that only one of those 6 shots has the car running on full slicks. The rest all have tread pattern of one sort or another.

I must admit I'm suprised as like other people I assumed that competitive track racing = slicks.
LX6 already is about as fast as the XFR and UFR, so with aero stuff it'd most likely beat them around corners.
LX4 with a stronger engine and aero work would probably be better.
LX8 GTR would really be fun against the other three GTRs we already have.
Quote from colcob :Its interesting that only one of those 6 shots has the car running on full slicks. The rest all have tread pattern of one sort or another.

I must admit I'm suprised as like other people I assumed that competitive track racing = slicks.

I'm not trying to be accurate here, just getting the pics of the car Even more so, I would love to have those grooved pattern tires, they seem comon in some Caterham series. But a set of slicks would be nice, so we can have superior cornering
#15 - Woz
Having an LX based car in the UFR/XFR group would be great. Its what that group needs to make it popular.
this is weird, imho cars with roadtyres are much more controllable at the limit than cars with slicks. and the tyres won't fry just because you accidentally did a massive drift.

i really think it's easier.

a lx6 with slicks would leave the xfr and the ufr waaaaaaay behind.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
No LX 6 slick version, LX8 GTR and it wouldn't have to compete with any of the cars. I wish the devs havent deleted LX8R from their harddrives, even if it would just looks like the LX6 with slicks and more power
A monster VW bug then? would make it as quirky as the other two.
Would really be cool to have someone bribe the devs into including the LX8 and LX8 GTR back into the next release
OMG http://www.liveforspeed.net/?p ... ntents&car=ferrari360

There was supposed to be just one LX8, the LX8 GTR which would've had slicks.

EDIT: I don't really care that we didn't get the LX8 GTR, I just don't fancy having an "openwheel" car in the same class as some others. Trackdays with roadcars, that's different. But proper racing.. No. IRL there would be safety issues, not just because of the lighter and more fragile construction of these Caterham type of cars but also the resulting performance differences between them and big cars.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
This isn't RL, it's a game made for fun.
The LX8 would've been fun, for the same reasons the other two LXs are.
I would've given it some downforce, though.
Quote from Breizh :This isn't RL, it's a game made for fun.
The LX8 would've been fun, for the same reasons the other two LXs are.
I would've given it some downforce, though.

Its a game based on emulating real life though, so we cant get to carried away, I think the more race car oriented version of the LX6 would be the best bet. High powered, still little downforce, but little drag too, and some semi slicks
Well there is some aero related pics about the MRT in [url]www.liveforspeed.net:[/url]
[url]http://www.liveforspeed.net/page_images/screenshots/MRT6_2.jpg[/url]

Maybe a race race version?
#24 - JTbo
JTbo, your point being...? It is just a McGill racer with wings on it. And I guess the LX v8 was removed simply because the car would have impossible to drive. Like the F08 without wings and slicks

Make LX6 a Race Car
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG