The online racing simulator
Repeated, quick disconnects when on full Euro servers
I know everyone has issues with disconnects every once in a while, especially when the server they're trying to connect to is on another continent, but I'm having problems with servers that are a) in Europe and b) full (with the new test patches) on a consistent basis.

I first really noticed it in qualifying for and during the 24hr race last month. In the race I disconnected about 6 times over the course of 40 laps of driving.

Lately, on the bug test servers I'm having problems staying connected as well. Just now I timed out 3 times in 5 minutes on the new W44 test server.

The bug test servers are located in (I think) England... the 24hr servers were in Germany.

I've done tracert tests to several servers and to the master server and they look pretty good. More jumps, but comparable pings to people who reside in Europe/the UK. Attached, for example, is a tracert to the master server.

I do not get regular disconnects from any North American servers, even when running at max user capacity.

I'm running Vista with a wireless (USB adapter) connection. My tower is roughly 15 feet from the router.

What I want to know is if anyone has any idea what precisely is causing these disconnects, and if anyone can pose a solution that doesn't involve finding a new ISP. I've of course considered running a network cable to the router, but given that the computer is already so close and given that I have no trouble with other online games/services, I'm skeptical that it'll make much difference.

Any/all help is appreciated.
Attached images
tracert.jpg
Forgot to mention, I have a standard cable connection.
I would try 1st to connect to the router by wire.
Its really worth to try it.

Did you also tried the packet lost to the Test servers?
What's the best way to test packet loss?
Friend is loaning me an ethernet cable that's long enough today, so I should be able to test it this afternoon.
Let us know how it worked with cable.

To test simple the packet loos just go to START in windows,Then "Run..." it will make small window pop up and just type in CMD and press neter or OK.This will make another black window pop-up and write in the command line for example "ping -n xxx(where the xxx number stand for how many times you want to ping the server/ip adress) ip adress" .

At the end of this simple test you will get min,average,max ping + packet loss.
Ah, thanks. I'll check it out when I get home.
50 pings to the master server = 0% packet loss.

all pings in the 99-104ms range except a single one at 491ms.

edit: on wireless
Quote from DeadWolfBones :50 pings to the master server = 0% packet loss.

Try at least 100 packets. Even I got 1% loss with 100 packets. Don't worry about flooding the master server, it receives a lot more packets than that and at a much higher rate.
I have had those same disconnect problems today on test bug servers.
On the official patch everything was fine. Well, the difference between two servers, bug and official, was that there was less ppl online in official and almost full at bug test server.

Ping:
50 pings to the master server, 0% lost
Ping range from 158ms to 291ms, average 175ms

My connection is thru 3G, HSDPA enabled network (max. 2Mb at the moment). My connection goes thru to another computer, which is connected to the internet and the connection between these computers is wireless lan.

Sometimes I get disconnected but that happens mostly because the computer, which has LFS installed, loses wlan-connection.

E: With 100 packets = 0% lost, 142 - 903ms, average 160ms
I got disconnected once in hours of racing from test server 2 today too.It was nearly full but didn't show any sign of lag.Suddenly disconnected. Maybe it was just a connection problem of my isp...I used to get very rare disconnections from some other servers in former patches. Don't know. I couldn't do more tests this week because of intensive work at work...
Quote from simma :I have had those same disconnect problems today on test bug servers.
On the official patch everything was fine. Well, the difference between two servers, bug and official, was that there was less ppl online in official and almost full at bug test server.

Ping:
50 pings to the master server, 0% lost
Ping range from 158ms to 291ms, average 175ms

My connection is thru 3G, HSDPA enabled network (max. 2Mb at the moment). My connection goes thru to another computer, which is connected to the internet and the connection between these computers is wireless lan.

Sometimes I get disconnected but that happens mostly because the computer, which has LFS installed, loses wlan-connection.

E: With 100 packets = 0% lost, 142 - 903ms, average 160ms

HSDPA is not mean for online gaming.You should note that.I am not suprized you got disconnectiins with these kind of connection.Your ping are jumping pretty high.I have been having constant 120-250ms on 56k dial up modem a long time ago.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :HSDPA is not mean for online gaming.You should note that.I am not suprized you got disconnectiins with these kind of connection.

Yep, I know I was suprised how well it works when I tried the demo for the first time

But, like I said, that disconnects are mostly caused by wlan disconnect. Today was different because it was first time that I tried a test patch and joined the bug test servers and the first time that I had these several disconnects.

Quote from DEVIL 007 :Your ping are jumping pretty high.I have been having constant 120-250ms on 56k dial up modem a long time ago.

Those high ones happened only once per test
Got a network cable and just ran 5 races on the full Bug Test Server #2 w/no disconnects.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG