The online racing simulator
KYOTO OVAL Layouts
(7 posts, started )
#1 - gloom
KYOTO OVAL Layouts
This is an updated version of Tweak`s original Oval Layout for Kyoto.

It takes out some dangerzones and substitutes walls with cones in some places, comparing to the original version of the layout.

The function of this layout is mainly to remind people to drive into pits and out of pits according to clean driving rules.
Attached files
KY1_OVAL-OFFICE_CONES_2.lyt - 1.5 KB - 796 views
And here the is explanation of some parts of the layout - with screenshots:

Cones are used all around the bankings towards pit exit and entry.

Orange cones are cones you should not pass through. I placed them up near the banking, but are placed a bit away from the edge of the banking incase someone goes onto the apron a bit. Also along the straight to prevent early merging. They are grouped in twos so you can see them a bit better.

Green Cones you can enter through (ie the exit and entry spots on this layout). It is all safely setup so you can merge for the normal direction. If you ever do a reverse direction, the exit is kind of short.

But for the pitlane exits and entry right away, I put concrete walls to stop from the shorter faster pitting. This should do the trick. At least... the cones won't be a hazard while in a race if someone touches one. They at least tell the person you shouldn't cross.

Also note, that I put small red barries on the inner pit wall to point out where the FIRST and LAST available pitboxes are. Helpful in many ways
Great!:heartbeat
#4 - (SaM)
Thanks, will definately use that. People cheating and not driving safely this way causes alot of mayhem so this layout is the solution.
#5 - gloom
Note that in my first post the attachment it`s a revised version from the original. It has no walls, as I found these create trouble in organised events like the-oval-office

The original version by Tweak alone is here, as in the pictures above :
Attached files
KY1_OVAL-OFFICE_CONES_1.lyt - 1.5 KB - 603 views
Those walls sure were dangerous, hit one and you would fly 50m into the air.
Glad you changed it, cones are enough to tell people not to cross the line.

Btw. oval-office race event anywhere soon?
#7 - gloom
Quote from eindewege :
Btw. oval-office race event anywhere soon?

Highly unlikely atm, I am afraid. I got absolutely zero time to organise it due to RL and the LFS-leagues I race in. Can`t help it for the time being :/

KYOTO OVAL Layouts
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG