The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Too many racers to restart!
(43 posts, started )
Please no autorestart. This would be a workaround to the original problem, but not a solution. As already mentioned, there are already insim apps to support this if you really want to have it.
Imagine you have autorestart with a grid of 30 people. You will have a lot standing cars at start because the driver is doing sth. else (browse the web, pee, whatever...).
What about making everyone spectate and then making a 30 Secs cooldown in which you can join the race again?
As far as I could tell, the only autorestart server I know of was immensely popular when working (yeah, I mean STCC / CTRA / whatever), and voting still lets people not ready on the grid, maybe they should get spectated when there's a restart or at least have an option to do so, anyway, I'm all for a permanent vote, especially now that I don't have the message telling me my vote's expired (am I the only one having this problem ?).

Running a server is already complicated enough, having to add tons of plugins for very simple options makes it worse, more simplicity, please ! If you add an autorestart delay, nobody's forced to use it, and I predict it WILL be popular.

On more or less the same topic, you might want to leave people decide what the race restart delay (once the restart has been decided) should be, and also make the game make some noise when a restart is about to happen (like a "gentlemen, start your engines !" bit ? and beeps for the lights ?), so as to allow people who aren't yet ready / awake to hurry up, making the taskbar flash would also help for those IRCing or whatever between races.

My two cents
Discos after pressing "Shift+R"
Hi,
we, the "UER-Racin.de" Team have an X2-Server too

so, we have noticed, if more then 4-cars at the Pits, and they
press "Shift +R" so they do discos.. from server

Sometimes, if more then 10-cars on the track, after the start 80% of the
drivers have an disconnect..

Have Someone this probs too ?

btw. this "strange" things also happend at the X-Server..
Quote from duke_toaster :To stop a number of people going for a J Arthur between races causing a delay, what about after 3 minutes of the end of the previous race, something similar to the end race screen would come up, and those who will be involved in the next race would click "ready" to join the grid ...

+1 to that. Drivers who want to take part in the next race should have to opt in (join) to a race before the end of a pre determined countdown. Else they will be sent to spectate. This keeps the grid clear of stationary cars at the restart.
#31 - Dru
Quote from duke_toaster :To stop a number of people going for a J Arthur between races causing a delay, what about after 3 minutes of the end of the previous race, something similar to the end race screen would come up, and those who will be involved in the next race would click "ready" to join the grid ...

ypu agree - this is a good idea, as long as it does not form a 'new grid' and the grid is based on previous race results rather than the speed at whic hyou hit ready
Right, how about this:

Auto restart after x min, unless the majority vote against it, i.e. cancel auto restart. Well?
I don't know... It takes a while for the race to get restarted with a huge field... Way-way too long. I dunno what... people want to have a 5-10 minute brake between the races!?!?!? WHY!?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I don't know... It takes a while for the race to get restarted with a huge field... Way-way too long. I dunno what... people want to have a 5-10 minute brake between the races!?!?!? WHY!?

Because after a 30 minute race it's nice to get a chance to rest your arms, get a drink, take a leak, etc. If you're driving 8 lap races in the XRG, using only two pedals, shifting with the paddles, etc. it's no big deal. But when you're doing longer races, using all three pedals, and rowing your own gears, racing can get damn tiring!
Quote from Cue-Ball :Because after a 30 minute race it's nice to get a chance to rest your arms, get a drink, take a leak, etc. If you're driving 8 lap races in the XRG, using only two pedals, shifting with the paddles, etc. it's no big deal. But when you're doing longer races, using all three pedals, and rowing your own gears, racing can get damn tiring!

That's fine. I'm talking about the 4 lap servers. Sry for not being specific. I can understand if its 15 laps or more.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :That's fine. I'm talking about the 4 lap servers. Sry for not being specific. I can understand if its 15 laps or more.

If they want a break why dont they just miss the next race (its only short)
Quote from zak_mull :If they want a break why dont they just miss the next race (its only short)

I don't know. It takes a couple of "everyone press restart" and "come on, lets race" messages to get the vote ball rolling. otherwise people would just sit around forever. Tired of being the person who wants to get people to race.
i think it must be an option.

it can be enable or disable.

+1
Dunno if this has been said already, so here go's;

You could make an auto restart for a selected time after the race has ended, and people vote for it NOT to end, because I see it being people forget to vote to restart...
+1 for votes that dont get canceled with new players etc.
Quote from piggy501 :Dunno if this has been said already, so here go's;

You could make an auto restart for a selected time after the race has ended, and people vote for it NOT to end, because I see it being people forget to vote to restart...

thats basicly what CTRA have. its a good thing
Don't restart votes also get canceled when someone enters and exits the garage. I think people dont even realise it that their vote has been canceled
I do like the system Conedodgers introduced, so that you can always see how much people are still needed to restart.
-
(teasercaso) DELETED by Scawen : spam

Spinoff : Too many racers to restart!
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG