The online racing simulator
Roll cages in......
(8 posts, started )
Roll cages in......
I think that all of the road cars, e.g. XFGTI,XRGT,XRGTT,FXO,UF1000,RB4 need roll cages. I think it would make it more realistic, as they race on a track like any other car that does, as you get road cars without any aero advantages, like lupo cup, polo cup etc...competing. it would add that bit more realism to the game with the road cars with cages.

Comments?
They represent road cars, and racing them represents most likely racing your buddies on a track day. I think it's perfectly realistic not to have rollcages in them.
Quote from Batterypark :They represent road cars, and racing them represents most likely racing your buddies on a track day. I think it's perfectly realistic not to have rollcages in them.

On our side of the pond its pretty hard to find club racing that doesn't require a cage. I'm not aware of any.

I would suggest that the roadcars aren't like road cars taken to a track day, unless you want to limit them to the "default" setup. The setups people actually use on these cars are dozens of hours of work removed from what a track day car would be like. For instance, you can adjust the brake bias. In real life, that feature requires manual brakes with twin master cylinders and a balance bar. Also, the springs/dampers/roll rates that people set are nowhere near a track-day with the buddies setup.
In a way, I like the fact that it feels like driving a normal ol' road car with no rollcage -- just a factory interior. But skiingman made some good points where the rollcage would actually represent that your car is not factory at all because the setup changes we can do on these 'road cars' are far from being stock.

I do see trackdays that don't require a rollcage, but maybe that is very rare. But thinking about the kind of tracks we have in this game where rolling over is common in most areas, it would seem like if any event were held there in 'real life', they would make rollcages mandatory.

Still, I have to say that I like the fact that the cars seem less of a race car in a way by not having a rollcage.
#5 - ajp71
LFS simulates 'racing' not track days, in all MSA, FIA and I'm sure US meetings all cars (with the exception of historics) are required to have a rollbar of some description (often a full cage is required) as well as helmets and full harnesses. I would like to see away to force the addition of helmets to all racers in LFS.
Eric is a perfectionist, so trust me when I say he wants to improve whats in the game so far.
Quote from Tweaker :
I do see trackdays that don't require a rollcage, but maybe that is very rare.

Still, I have to say that I like the fact that the cars seem less of a race car in a way by not having a rollcage.

I've seen track days too that don't require cages, but I haven't seen head-to-head club racing that didn't require a cage. I agree that its nice how the car seems roadgoing with a stock interior...seems appropriate, even if its unlikely in real life.
#8 - ajp71
Track days usually require a helmet but no further safety modifications, hillclimbing and sprinting in standard cars likewise. All modified cars hillclimbing, sprinting as well as any cars racing or testing require cut off siwtches, fire extinguishers, full harnesses, roll cages, helmets and fire proof overalls.

Roll cages in......
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG