The online racing simulator
Making km/h's gauges more readable
Its because km/h needs more numbers then mp/h, and LFS always counts the numbers in 20, regardless of the measuring unit.

Really we should have the km/h spaced out to every 40 or 50 in some of the cars with 240kp/h+ speedos.
Yes I agree, km/h speedos are hard to read. But this is a known issue and cockpit updates are coming, so better just wait and see what happens.
I just have the digital speedometer enabled. It may not be as "realistic" but at least it's clear. Besides, most modern race cars have digital speedometers nowadays. Hell, even a lot of normal roadcars have them!
yep, but we must have the choice. As geeman1 said, we will wait the next patch now
Up! I'd like to show this request at more people
Maybe if we are lucky we will see an improvement of the gauges along with interiors in patch Y.
Just to add onto this thread instead of creating a new one. When racing the RA, and using a digital speedo, when you reach speeds of above 200km/h, you're unable to read to the '2' digit. Maybe the dial (the round thingo) needs to be a bit bigger?
RAs dials are too small for anything really. The analog speed is just unreadable. I just wish they would update the cockpit to the 05 spec car. The 05 spec car has a similar digital display as FOX. It would cure all readability problems.
RA '05 dials
I like more the older version of RaceAbout, the red interior was sooooo sexy
#11 - JTbo
When you have raced enough, it really does not annoy anymore, speed is 9'o clock or 12'o clock, that turn is bit below 9'o clock entry and you can enter to that corner bit over 9'o clock, it really does not matter what it shows it is enough that I'm in right range, then after few laps I get what is maximum safe speed with my current driving and work it from there.

For pits it is easy too, that number that looks bit shorter than next must be 80kph so I better stay bit below of that

Well, it would be nice if speedos would be made bit more clever, one of my cars has speedo from 20 to 200 kph numbers are 20 40 60 and so on and there is line without number between them, but even it is fairly clear and has lot of empty space, when put into tiny computer screen that has more fov than is realistic for such narrow area it would look quite unreadable.

Now do we like to get unrealistic speedos or should we accept that we have to use virtual speedos to see speed or decrease fow to something that is impossible to drive with (something like 23 degrees should be closer to reality)

Decisions, decisions, I would prefer to have realistic speedos and to use virtual speedos if needed, that is what I sometimes do use, specially for videoclips it is good as then it is possible to see what kind of speeds one drives.
Certainly simple thing is not so simple after all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG