The online racing simulator
Pits in single player
(6 posts, started )
Pits in single player
Not really newbie, but im not an extreme racer, dont usually play online, i like the ai on here

one quick question, i know it can be done online, but is there anyway you can force , or let the AI have pit stops, at the moment on long races they all die and run out of fuel, whilst im running on new boots and a full tank

TIA
No.

The Ai currently doesn't know how to pit. But it is almost certain that this will be added someday.
Scawen said after the release of patch X (tomorrow is the plan) he will have a look at the AI. So I expect with patch Y we will have an AI which can pitstop. Maybe earlier with testpatches but I don't expect that.

cu
Cool, excellent in fact

Thanks for that.

Its just one of those things that not many people would want I suppose as most play this online as i see it.

Thanks for the reply
if you use one of the newest testpatches (i think from w36 up) you can add ai players when you are in game with the /ai command - and they should drive out of the pits like scaven said in this thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 0&highlight=%5Cadd+ai .
this looks funny in some pitlanes and they are not able to return to the pits, yet.

peace mo

edit: thank you because you are one of the few that really enjoy the ai as it is right now. they were good back in s1 days, but they can´t deal with the physics change and the tirewear from s2. and they are somehow not always aware of the human player, whereas they chrash eachother only if they lose control of the car most of the time. they still learn the tracks a bit when they drive about 60 to 100 laps but theres much room for improvement after patch x.
#6 - Venus
Though you really don't know what your missing in multiplay... the AI are very slow... so don't use them as a guide to whats quick. If your shy... then just join a server n lurk spectate... u'll learn heaps... see wot fast is... and if u ask nicely.. might get a decent setup from one of the fast guys and some tips... n eventually... the bug will catch u... u'll think... hey... i'm faster than them. lol... n there ya go lol... u got the bug lol...

Ven

Pits in single player
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG