The online racing simulator
XFR-UFR Class needs a RWD Compertitor
I really enjoy the speed and handeling of the cars in this class. I also much Perfer to drive a RWD car. So I started looking for a car which would fit the bill. Since adding a completely new car is unlikely to happen until some time after S2 is final I started looking at curret cars in LFS. There where two that looked to be close. The LX4 and the RAC.

Of those two the RAC looks like a better choice. The power to weight ratios are very close. When you put slicks on the RAC its handeling becomes quite nice and is only slightly faster then the XFR, about 1/2 a second per minute on the tracks I tested with virgin AI and the Race_1 sets.

If we could get a race prepped version of the RAC that is slightly heavier or a little less powerfull it would make an great addition to this class. To test this for your selves you need the slick mod by Kegetys and LFS Alpha 0.5P2.
A beefed LX4 with aero parts and slicks would be so fun...
Quote from Gimpster :ITo test this for your selves you need the slick mod by Keytags

Kegetys?
I thought I got that handel wrong thanks...
why would you put a RWD car in a FWD GTR class lol?
For the same reasons there're BMW 3s in the same touring class as Alfas and Clios and peugotts and whatnot.
I would put a RWD in that class because I like the speed and feel of that class but perfer RWD over FWD cars. It would also possably increase the popularity of the class.
I would vote for a new spiced up LX4 for that class. If we go for the RAC maybe we could get the LX8 GTR instead? =)
Quote from XCNuse :why would you put a RWD car in a FWD GTR class lol?

Ever watch SPEED Touring Car Challenge? Interesting racing, FWD, RWD, and AWD competitors.
i agree, a rwd car for that class would be very nice.

but the balancing would be a problem, i think. the xfr and the ufr eat tyres. i think an rwd car would eat the fwds on a long distance.
Quote from skiingman :Ever watch SPEED Touring Car Challenge? Interesting racing, FWD, RWD, and AWD competitors.

true but hte only RWD cars out there are those 2 bmws, and the only awd cars out there are the subaru wrx's
both of which are always in the very rear end lol
Quote from XCNuse :true but hte only RWD cars out there are those 2 bmws, and the only awd cars out there are the subaru wrx's
both of which are always in the very rear end lol

Hasn't always been that way. The liquid nature of the rules will even it out soon enough.
I've got the last round of a 5 round series of the fwd r's tonight... I don't think any rwd will ever be comparable for racing. maybe for 1 lap, but the main 'thing' with these cars is the way they utterly destroy front tyres if given half a chance. I still hate fwd, but actually *racing* these cars, working on race setups, managing overtaking lines without destroying tyres, is really very enjoyable. I don't think a rwd competitor in this class would suit. I guess if you made the rwd a little slower it could be interesting over the length of a race... but I still think it would take the charm from racing these things.
I Don't destroy tires in the XFR, why do you?
I would like to see the xr's redone, i think that platform is what is really missing from the LFS lineup because those cars are a little ragged to drive, i would love to see it more in the form of the 240sx (not biased or anything ) with maybe a little less power, move the engine back a little, and a more complicated/better handling suspension system.

XFR-UFR Class needs a RWD Compertitor
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG