The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W35
(67 posts, closed, started )
bug: (inconvenience rather)

go hotlapping, on the track, press shift-p and it shows 'spectating' button although it doesn't make any sense in HL ...

hope I could help
Just installed W35 for our server and everytime I select "Aston Cadet rev" as a track, and try to change the amount of laps, it tells me it's an autocross track:
Autocross : fixed number of laps

Seems to be ok for other tracks so far... gonna test a bit more-->

EDIT: Seems there is a layout pre-installed here?
Quote from Ramses :Just joined a server that was patched to 35. No one was on there at the moment but within seconds others joined. Everyone was on ventrilo at that moment and I verified who was there but the list with joined players didn't show up. So I could only see tthe players that actualy joined the race. AFter the racers that joined the race had readied and qualy started, it looked all fine but something is wrong with the entry screen.

Thanks, that is the first report of that.

It's new in W35, just a small mistake I made today. Now fixed in my version.
Quote from traxxion :...and try to change the amount of laps, it tells me it's an autocross track:
Autocross : fixed number of laps
EDIT: Seems there is a layout pre-installed here?

That message should only be the case if you have an autocross start position. Not just a layout with some objects lying around, but a real autocross layout.
Quote from Scawen :That message should only be the case if you have an autocross start position. Not just a layout with some objects lying around, but a real autocross layout.

I'm sorry, it seems this was a layout that had been installed on our server some patches ago!
/axclear did the trick

No bug!
outlap on reverse configs...
This (bug?) was always in lfs as it seems, but became more obvious after w33 - "First lap time of qualifying or practice is not displayed". On reverse configs practice lap timing never began on the first lap(unlike on normal configs). Now on your outlap from the pits it says "1" and starts timing on the second lap on normal configs, but on reversed ones the outlap from pits is "nothing" or "0th" lap, then the second lap is 1st and only on the 3rd the clock starts
(it happens because "1" lap starts only when the car crosses s/f line while driving through the pitlane, but that depends on the position of the starting garage relative to the s/f line - is the garage before or after it)

p.s. sorry if it is supposed to be so...
Like the new patch.
Milisecond qualifying was meant to be in W34 I have seen none offline and online, would this have something to do with LFS World?
Thanks HogaMan.
hello, i got 2 things circling...

1 i got that laptime twice today (while online racing), and once yesterday...(see pic)
2 is it normal that i need to set handicap weight to one and then to zero to eliminate any handicaps from a setup?
because i carried 20kg in the xrt-bl-forward set, did some testing, but couldn't get rid of it anymore, till today...

that's it...
Attached images
laptime.jpg
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
I think I found a bug. I was practicing XFG on Blackwood GP and I hit some barrier went straight on a roof and the car reset it's self like everything was normal without any damage and i got a message similiar to Blue flags etc that says "Retired". Maybe its a bug and maybe not .

One more thing also on Blackwood track. There is like a hole on blue and white fence you can see it clearly and go trough with a small car like XFG. Is it there to leave pits easier or what???

Cheers

Attached picture and mpr file with the car reset.
Sorry if you already know about this just trying to help .

it's W34 btw.

edit: I just saw that hostname disappeared from connection list next to my name. It happened on my online server aswell. Added picture sss.
Attached images
bug or not.JPG
sss.JPG
Attached files
weird.mpr - 133 KB - 169 views
#60 - vari
Connection list vanished from entry screen after I updated to w35, both client and host.
was just doing some testing, then i windowed LFS and the screen went black, i unwindowed it and it didn't change. ok now though.
Almost 0 percent suspension damage with front hit at 180Km/h?
Quite strange to me.Please check the replay at the end and check suspension damage after the hit.
Attached files
[ZT]DEVIL 007_AS1_XFR_2.spr - 22 KB - 194 views
Quote from MarioX :This (bug?) was always in lfs as it seems, but became more obvious after w33 - "First lap time of qualifying or practice is not displayed". On reverse configs practice lap timing never began on the first lap(unlike on normal configs). Now on your outlap from the pits it says "1" and starts timing on the second lap on normal configs, but on reversed ones the outlap from pits is "nothing" or "0th" lap, then the second lap is 1st and only on the 3rd the clock starts

Thanks, I've now fixed it in my version. Seems like it was only in practice though, not qualifying.

Quote from HogaMan :Like the new patch.
Milisecond qualifying was meant to be in W34 I have seen none offline and online, would this have something to do with LFS World?
Thanks HogaMan.

No, timing is still done in hundredths, I just changed a file format to use milliseconds instead of M,S,H,T.

Quote from micha1980de :1 i got that laptime twice today (while online racing), and once yesterday...(see pic)
2 is it normal that i need to set handicap weight to one and then to zero to eliminate any handicaps from a setup?
because i carried 20kg in the xrt-bl-forward set, did some testing, but couldn't get rid of it anymore, till today...

That lap time I've just made invisible now, it's the thing LFS uses internally to show that first lap of qualifying or practice is not to be counted. Only, I should not display it.

I don't know what you mean about the handicap problem, you should be able to simply move the slider to adjust it. Is it possible to reproduce the problem you found?

Quote from vari :Connection list vanished from entry screen after I updated to w35, both client and host.

No problem, that one is already reported and fixed in my version.
#64 - [d9]
ive spot this bug much eralier - on attached images you can see it with dedi W0. you type something, press enter, command disasppears and nothing is executed... (it happends when server runs for longer time 1+ days i think, spotted with remote desktop (only) usage (im absolutelly not sure, possible can be a windows bug - different mapping of enter key...), lapper is running here)

Quote from hackerx :Noticed a bug with dedi server. After it has been running for some time, you can't enter commands & messages any more. That is, you can type text in and see it, press Enter, text disappears, but nothing happens.

Attached images
dedi_inputbug before.jpg
dedi_inputbug after.jpg
Thanks, but that is already fixed in W35.
#66 - [d9]
oh, sorrry, ill try to be more carefull next time in reading FIX lists...

and please - cosmetic improvement suggestion - other than black colour background of dedi window - to be visible black nick names too?

thanx and good night

Quote from Scawen :Thanks, but that is already fixed in W35.

This thread is closed

TEST Patch W35
(67 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG