BF1 improvements
(22 posts, started )
BF1 improvements
Im watching now F1 , so I thinked abaut the improvements...

In F1 there are 4 types of tires , very soft , soft , hard and very hard , we Could have also that...

Soft tires have white lines like this on picture , that could be also..

And last thing that could be , is the F1 pit stop , we should increase pitstop speed

That was just this year that this was done though, but that is besides the point I guess.

It would require the entire way the tire is drawn currently to be remade, since right now it uses vertex shading to make the tire dark (while if you notice the texture is white).

Also, we do have soft to hard tires, thats what the numbers after the R in tires stands for, the higher the number, the harder the compound.
I thought F1 only had 2 compounds, a control tire and a softer tire
#4 - DeKo
Quote from mikey_G :I thought F1 only had 2 compounds, a control tire and a softer tire

it does, but it vary's from race to race. Monaco is the only race that uses super soft, so basically monaco had a Super soft tyre and a soft tyre. most races just use the normal soft and the normal hard. No idea which track uses super hard, maybe indy?
EYY!!!! the race was good today, Alonso kicking butt
#6 - Venus
yeh he did... but hamilton was right up his butt all the way... though it was very interesting alonso stamped his authority clearly during middle stint with fastest lap. lol great race for monaco... usually its boring.

V
Quote from RudolfR :Im watching now F1 , so I thinked abaut the improvements...

In F1 there are 4 types of tires , very soft , soft , hard and very hard , we Could have also that...

Soft tires have white lines like this on picture , that could be also..

And last thing that could be , is the F1 pit stop , we should increase pitstop speed

Tyres : No. But we do need some different tyres for the BF1.
Stripy tyres : No.
Pit stop speed : pit stops do need to be changed in LFS.
Quote from duke_toaster :Tyres : No. But we do need some different tyres for the BF1.
Stripy tyres : No.
Pit stop speed : pit stops do need to be changed in LFS.

Pit stop speed for BF1 only , doh..
Quote from RudolfR :Pit stop speed for BF1 only , doh..

Nah, they also need slowing down for road cars as well. It should take a lot longer to change the road car tyres, if the FOX should be refuelable is debatable (real life Formula Renaults cannot be refueled in races as the fuel cap is under a piece of bodywork for some odd reason ). Also, I posted about turning the engine off in road cars (in some cars in GTR2 you must) whilst refuelling, but that got mixed reviews.

Also you should have to keep your foot on the brakes when tyre changes to take place, like the do in real life.
Yes, foot on the brake or the rear wheels spin and also hands firmly on steering wheel to stop the front hubs from flapping around when tyres are changed.

Also, refuelling carried out at the same time as tyre changes. Sitting in the pits for 8 seconds whilst the tyres are changed and only then seeing the fuel gauge rise is a bit fustrating. It is the same for everybody, but that doesn't mean it is being doen correctly now.
Hah, now that would be awesome, playing some FF effects during front tyre change
Quote from duke_toaster :Nah, they also need slowing down for road cars as well. It should take a lot longer to change the road car tyres, if the FOX should be refuelable is debatable (real life Formula Renaults cannot be refueled in races as the fuel cap is under a piece of bodywork for some odd reason ). Also, I posted about turning the engine off in road cars (in some cars in GTR2 you must) whilst refuelling, but that got mixed reviews.

Also you should have to keep your foot on the brakes when tyre changes to take place, like the do in real life.

well, the fox is not a formula renault, or else it'd be called a formula renault so maybe it doesnt have the fuel cap there.
#13 - Jakg
To be fair, as Scawen said, this isn't a "button pressing simulator", so the ignition off while refuelling gets a -1 from me - also, considering the length of races in LFS i feel the pit stops last about the right amount of time
TBH, most drivers don't even refuel if they don't need to, as you lose less time starting with a full tank... Making the stops even longer (except for the BF1, which would have to be shortened) would only make matters worse...
Quote from Gabkicks :well, the fox is not a formula renault, or else it'd be called a formula renault so maybe it doesnt have the fuel cap there.

It is a Formula Renault based car. I can't be called Formula Renault because then the developers would have to buy the Renault Auto Company licensing and trade marks for it.
Quote from neglouseight :It is a Formula Renault based car. I can't be called Formula Renault because then the developers would have to buy the Renault Auto Company licensing and trade marks for it.

Well, I figure that as much a sim as LFS is, it's still just a game. So I really don't see the harm taking a few creative liberties in areas that don't drastically effect realism.
I would like to think that LFS will one day take some inspiration for its pit stops from the GTR2 system, which is by all accounts superb visually ... i'd also like for it to go the extra mile though, and have us stop in the box more accurately result in a faster stop, holding the brake etc.
I agree with you. Pitstops are so much more in real racing, and are in my opinion such an important part of a race, that they deserve some improvement. Right now the only required skill in doing a pitstop is not overshooting the speed limit and finding a random box on the pitlane. Neither realistic nor immersing, and that doesn't even include that you're being repaired by invisible wizards.

But if we were to write a thread about everything that could be better in LFS the poor forum server would break down, and we don't want that to happen, now do we?
#19 - Osco
Quote from AndroidXP :I agree with you. Pitstops are so much more in real racing, and are in my opinion such an important part of a race, that they deserve some improvement. Right now the only required skill in doing a pitstop is not overshooting the speed limit and finding a random box on the pitlane. Neither realistic nor immersing, and that doesn't even include that you're being repaired by invisible wizards.

But if we were to write a thread about everything that could be better in LFS the poor forum server would break down, and we don't want that to happen, now do we?

maybe automatically have a racenumber assigned to you when joining a server, and pitting only in the pitbox with that corresponding number? (given that there are sufficient boxes avaibable, or share one box with 2 players...)
Quote from duke_toaster :Nah, they also need slowing down for road cars as well. It should take a lot longer to change the road car tyres, if the FOX should be refuelable is debatable (real life Formula Renaults cannot be refueled in races as the fuel cap is under a piece of bodywork for some odd reason ). Also, I posted about turning the engine off in road cars (in some cars in GTR2 you must) whilst refuelling, but that got mixed reviews.

There's no mechanical reason why a road car or any race car cannot be refuelled with the engine running, the only real risk is fire as a result of a large accidental spray onto a hot exhaust, which in unpressurised refuelling is very unlikely and in dry break systems theoretically impossible. Due to not having to worry about safety and in the aim of keeping things simple I'd be against forcing people to turn the ignition off in pitstops.
Slightly off topic but during the 1994 German GP there was a fuel spill on Jos Verstappen's Benetton which was ignited by the heat in the brakes. Turning off the engine wouldn't do a lot of good in that situation.

Back on topic now. I agree with duke-toaster in that we should have separate tyres just for the BF1. Since all slicks have been changed to accommodate the BF1 the other slicks have too much grip for the other cars. You could argue that maybe you could just fit R3s instead of R2s for the other cars, but then people on R2s would have a huge advantage over you. Make a few (possibly 3 or 4) compounds for the BF1 specifically which have more grip than the current R1 tyre and put the current R1-R4 tyres back to their grip characteristics before we got the BF1 (or at least significantly reduce their grip). I don't care about white lines on the tyres, but the BF1-06 we have never raced on striped tyres in real life so ours probably shouldn't either, from a realism point of view.
Quote :Due to not having to worry about safety and in the aim of keeping things simple I'd be against forcing people to turn the ignition off in pitstops.

So no pit lane speed limit then? It's a rule in a lot of series (FIA GT, I think LM)
-
(Fuck For Speed) DELETED by Scawen : a spam post and a reply to the spam post
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by Scawen : a spam post and a reply to the spam post

BF1 improvements
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG