The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
Additional Penalties from Round 4, Division 2
So, we have reviewed the official complaints however, we have also investigated several incidences that took place in the Qualifying session for Round 4 in the Division 2 Championship.

S14 Drift
The above racers fastest qualification lap of 1.35.26 contained a illegal cut on the chicane after the second split time.

The illegal lap moved him up from a 10th place grid slot to 7th place.

S14 Drift will have an additional 10 second time penalty added to his feature race time. This drops S14 down from 2nd to a 4th position finish.

S14 Drfit is warned that cutting is not accepted in this league.

PM Ant
PM Ant did illegally cut the first chicane on everyone of his qualifying laps with the exception of one.
His one and only completed valid lap was a 1.36.70
PM Ant will lose his Pole position bonus of 5pts from this race and have an additional 10 seconds added to his Feature race time.
PM Ant did also stop on the race track during this qualification at the corner after the second split for no reason, he waited, then reversed on the track before setting off and disturbing other racers.
This move was silly and dangerous and is also not acceptable.
PM Any will have an additional 10 seconds added to his Feature race time.

As a result of the above action, this promotes Danny,Reintjan and Tongey to 1st,2nd,3rd grid bonus points.

PM Ant is officially warned that the above along with the complaints in a seperate thread are not acceptable in this league.

PM Ant is now on a last warning due to the amount of unsporting conduct shown at FE Green. Any future actions similar to thse shown will cuase PM Ant to be asked to leave the league.

JamieB
Jamie B has been found to be involved in many dangerous incidences throughout the season.
At first we did hope that JamieB's performances would get better with time, but unfortunately this has not been the case.
Finishing several laps down in each race, dangerous driving, sewering, knocking obstacles onto the track,driving too fast in a damamged car, not repairing a damamged car, taking out the leaders when being lapped, the list goes on.

As a result of all of the above actions we are unfortunately asking that JamieB does not attend the final race of the season at SO Town.

The reason is simple, we can not afford to take such risks in the season finale where championships will be decided.

An example of race pace in FE Green, her BEST lap in a 20 lap and 10 lap race was 30 seconds more that than most of the field, therefore almost 25% slower.

In the season finale at SO town it is anticipated that approximately 34 laps will be completed, therefore JamieB colud be lappped upto 8 yimes during this race.

Also you must remember that on a street course there is no areas where you can get out of the way and off the track as has been JamieB's style of letting leaders attempt to pass

I'm very sorry to say this but JamieB will not be racing at the last race of the season.

I hope everyone involved understands this decision that the LEague Managaement has taken for the safety of its other drivers.
This puts me provisionally on the same points as Ant. I'm just 39 points away from first. This makes it a bit easier for me to win the championship

On-topic: good decisions. Doing stuff like this is what separates a good league from a bad one, well done.
#3 - Dru
Quote from Leifde :This puts me provisionally on the same points as Ant. I'm just 39 points away from first. This makes it a bit easier for me to win the championship

On-topic: good decisions. Doing stuff like this is what separates a good league from a bad one, well done.

Thanks, its not easy, hopefully i'll have an official points table out over the weekend so people know EXACTLY what they need to do for the final race.

The most important thing is to make sure your connection lasts the 60 minutes race
This'll probably jinx me but my connection has only ever given up once. It was with one of the new test patches and TBH i'm not sure whether it was the server or my connection.

[O/T] Go to bed!
#5 - Dru
Quote from Leifde :This'll probably jinx me but my connection has only ever given up once. It was with one of the new test patches and TBH i'm not sure whether it was the server or my connection.

[O/T] Go to bed!

not until i've posted the Drivers cores... man this is hard LOL

TO MUCH work for one guy, thank god it's finishing this week
Quote from Dru :
JamieB
Jamie B has been found to be involved in many dangerous incidences throughout the season.
At first we did hope that JamieB's performances would get better with time, but unfortunately this has not been the case.
Finishing several laps down in each race, dangerous driving, sewering, knocking obstacles onto the track,driving too fast in a damamged car, not repairing a damamged car, taking out the leaders when being lapped, the list goes on.

As a result of all of the above actions we are unfortunately asking that JamieB does not attend the final race of the season at SO Town.

The reason is simple, we can not afford to take such risks in the season finale where championships will be decided.

An example of race pace in FE Green, her BEST lap in a 20 lap and 10 lap race was 30 seconds more that than most of the field, therefore almost 25% slower.

In the season finale at SO town it is anticipated that approximately 34 laps will be completed, therefore JamieB colud be lappped upto 8 yimes during this race.

Also you must remember that on a street course there is no areas where you can get out of the way and off the track as has been JamieB's style of letting leaders attempt to pass

I'm very sorry to say this but JamieB will not be racing at the last race of the season.

I hope everyone involved understands this decision that the League Managaement has taken for the safety of its other drivers.

hmm... I'll tell her... althought I'm her teammate, I have to say that it is the right decision! With 21 cars it would be too much. I'm a little bit sad, but, as i said, it's the right thing for the last race.
School holydays are in about 3 weeks. Then I'm going to train with her. Maybe for the next season she'll be faster.
Quote from Dru :

PM Ant

PM Ant did also stop on the race track during this qualification at the corner after the second split for no reason, he waited, then reversed on the track before setting off and disturbing other racers.
This move was silly and dangerous and is also not acceptable.
PM Any will have an additional 10 seconds added to his Feature race time.

If I though that jumping that silly little curb in the first corner counted as cutting then I would not have driven over it every lap.

Yes I stopped on the track to re-center my wheel. I was parked off the racing line & did not impede any other drivers. IMHO it was not silly or dangerous. Not happy about this decision .
#8 - Dru
Quote from anttt69 :If I though that jumping that silly little curb in the first corner counted as cutting then I would not have driven over it every lap.

Yes I stopped on the track to re-center my wheel. I was parked off the racing line & did not impede any other drivers. IMHO it was not silly or dangerous. Not happy about this decision .

Well now you do know, it is accepted in LFS that if you have more that 2 wheels off of the road (including kerbs) then you are cutting and also if you were in a hotlap mode it would then make it invalid.

Regarding your decision to recentre your wheel, you could have stopped in the pits to do it, this would have been fair yes?

Also you did stop on the racing line, then waited a few seconds then reversed (to what i suspect you thought was a 'safe' place before then starting again.

Also by the way you did block people on fadt laps becuase of this as well as an incident with S14 drift where you were blue flagged and ignored it..

needless to say, please don't repeat this sort of stuff at the season finale

Thanks,

Dru.
Blue flags in quali?? dont exist mate. LFS does not distinguish between quali or race & still shows flags in quali sessions? If this is the case I was also "blocked" by slower cars during the session. I dont remember any blue flags being waved at monaco during any of the quali sessions.

Anyways whats done is done if you think I was stopped on the racing the line then thats your call. I dug my own grave jumping the curb so I will accept the penalty on that one.
I would guess you were on your outlap, that's why there was a blue flag.
#11 - Dru
Quote from anttt69 :Blue flags in quali?? dont exist mate. LFS does not distinguish between quali or race & still shows flags in quali sessions? If this is the case I was also "blocked" by slower cars during the session. I dont remember any blue flags being waved at monaco during any of the quali sessions.

Anyways whats done is done if you think I was stopped on the racing the line then thats your call. I dug my own grave jumping the curb so I will accept the penalty on that one.

I does not matter where you stopped on the track, racing line or otherwise, you should not stop on the track anywhere....pull way off the track if you have too but never stop on the black stuff..
Quote from anttt69 :Blue flags in quali?? .......... I dont remember any blue flags being waved at monaco during any of the quali sessions.......

Did you not see David Coulthard being banned from Session 3 in Quali because of slowing down Kovalainen

This meant the Scot went from a possible 8th Grid position to 13th

So YES - Blue flags DO exist in qualifying
Firstly, you knew that jumping that silly little curb helped your time and you could easily see that other people weren't doing it. Besides, on your fastest lap in quali you cut twice, so what happened at the other silly curb? You knew what cutting is and that it's not allowed because I'm pretty sure you noticed the barriers in round 2.

Secondly, parking your car there was dangerous and you could've made it less dangerous if you parked on the right side of the line. It is just plain stupid to park a car in a right-hand off-camber corner on the left of the line while inertia is pulling the car to the left. Pretty silly and dangerous to me....
I;m not saying that parking is ok, but you could have made it less worse.

Thirdly, your sportsmanship in your outlap was appalling towards s14 drift. You blocked him and even made contact while he was on a fast lap. Sure, there are no rules about it, but at least treat drivers the way you wanna be treated.

But thank you, for making the reviewing so easy and "nice". And to be honest, I do think you came off easy with your whole conduct in round 4. We even forgot your second parking "incident" on the line in race 2 which caused reintjan to run in to you but I seriously cant be bothered with it now.

I hope in round 5 none of the above wont happen again.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG