The online racing simulator
3ds Max Tutorial
(28 posts, started )
3ds Max Tutorial
hi...i searched everywhere, even on google and i couldnt find it...is there a tutorial anywhere where i can use 3ds max for renders, like getting a shiny floor. Ive got Ian-H pre made scenes...but i dunno how to do stuff to them
please help
cheers, Harjun
Quote from harjun :hi...i searched everywhere, even on google and i couldnt find it...is there a tutorial anywhere where i can use 3ds max for renders, like getting a shiny floor. Ive got Ian-H pre made scenes...but i dunno how to do stuff to them
please help
cheers, Harjun

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/3D_Render_Tutorial
too slow, lol
ok thanks guys....way too confusing for me...ill try another day
also for the brazil r/s on splutter fish which the wiki directed me to wasnt there
Your gonna have to use a torrent to get Brazil r/s.
can you send a link where to get this?
and, are torrents illegal? sorry im only a kid i dont know this stuff, but i try to learn
#8 - Jakg
Torrents ARE illegal

You can get a trial of Brazil R/S from their website - but your copy of 3DSMax is just a trial, too
@Harjun Torrents are illegal. So is cracking and asking for theml :bananadea: :bananadea: :bananadea: :bananadea: :bananadea: :bananadea: :bananadea: :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea
Torrents _aren't_ illegal no more than FTP is. What content you download with them however, may be different.

harjun.. if you grab a copy of brazil from splutterfish site (IIRC, it's still available, but not easily seen on the site.. I haven't looked in a long time).

After that, reading the .NFO file(s) that are posted on my site with the scene downloads, and also packed with the actual download, it should be enough to get you started.. a few clicks and you'll have a render

As for tutorials, there's an abundance on the net covering everything you will and won't want to know

For shiny floors.. maybe one of the materials in this collection will suit you

Regards,

Ian
Wouuww it's amazing to see my old tutorial is still used

thanks guys...and DieKolkRobe, please stop smoking those dodgy drugs,
1) when did i use a crack for LFS?...im S2 licensed
2) I did not ask...for torrent...it was suggested ok?
#13 - Jakg
The basic way to make a render with 3DSMax.

Open the scene,
Press "M",
Select the material "Car Body [ADD SKIN]"
Load the bitmap under the diffuse bit (the bitmap being the skin)
Press "F10"
Set up the rendering stuff (as detailed in the guide)
Press Render.

Wahey!

EDIT - When i started (and now have to end /me hates 30 day trial ) i had lots of problems - this thread is me overcoming the basics, and this one is me asking for more help to make things better
now thats what i mean by being simple...just what i understand, thanks Jakg
#15 - Jakg
don't worry, i am simple

It should work just like that, try it first - i think there may be other things to do first, but do a quick (ie 320*240) render and then see if it looks ok
when i press M, where do i select car body?, i can't find it
#17 - Jakg
Scroll down the list - there should be several rectangulat boxes with names of different parts of the car - if you can't find it a screenshot might help
still cant find it
Attached images
Help.jpg
1) you don't have all the materials in the right folders, and 2) it should have an orange colour in the matedit screen.
#20 - Davo
i have the folder downloaded, but where do i put it now?
#22 - Davo
Should be in the readme but I'll take a guess and say in the plugins folder where you installed 3dsmax.
hey...i cant find the bit where you add the skin now?...can you help please?
Attached images
Help.jpg
#24 - joen
expand the maps section and it will be on the diffuse slot
Have any of you guys got any good tutorials for making an outdoor scene with realistic lighting?

3ds Max Tutorial
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG