The online racing simulator
Alonso wins Constructor and Driver's Championship
What do you think about this young boy?. In my country is loved but also hated. In my oppinion he is fast and consistent, and i love it for that way of thinkin inside the car. What's your oppinion?
wow didnt realise alonso made the car as well!

I like alonso though. He doesnt talk more than he needs to
Not the best driver in F1 at the moment, noobish moves on the track sometimes, Hungary, Japan. He was just lucky, didnt have tecnical failures like McLaren (Kimi) and the car is pretty much build around him to suit his weird style. He is good driver no doubt, but not maybe so good as Raikkonen who will win the title next season
#4 - J.B.
I like the way he showed two great performances as soon as he no longer had to worry about the chapionship. Nice, aggressive moves in Suzuka and really flying in Shanghai. Keeping his cool in Imola was also impressive. As was the fact that he had the most poles even though McLaren had the quicker car overall and he totally owned his team mate. His only real mistake was the wall clipping at Montreal.

All in all he definately belongs in the group of the top four at the moment that are KR, JPM, FA and MS.
I think it would have been plain wrong if McLaren had won the constructors' championship. Good luck to alonso for winning it all this year.

Why is he loved and hated in Spain? I tought you all just laav him
I'd say for F1 these days he is perfectly suited to it and the only compitition he'll encounter in the future is from drivers in much faster cars (altough MS with the 2 second a lap advantage in imola didnt have much luck )
All i've seen from kimi is getting fastest laps in the fastest car...i'd understand peoples fascination with him if that was the only factor in F1

Renault winning the constructors is deserved i'd say. performance and reliability in perfect combinination thats how you win championships. maybe if mclaren concintrated more on reliability the performance would have been impressive. mclarens doing a bit of a williams with their competative peaks and dips, 50/50 chance they will be competative next year unlike renaults consistant gains making them my favourite for next year (see how winter testing goes before i'd bet on anything though)
I think Kimi is just as good as a driver as Alonso so I'd have to disagree with your comment Michael Miskella. Kimi has had so much mental set backs and has had to drive through the field keeping his nose clean. Look at Suzuka how many times was he held up over the course of the race but he kept his cool. Kimi and Alonso are the future rivals of F1 and are brilliant drivers to watch. This season my driver of the year has to be Kimi having so many set backs but still managing to keep his head and deliver the result. One thing that takes me with Alonso is he seems to get scrappy while fighting for position and can take some silly risks like at the start of a gp where he qualified badly and got involved in a tangle with Ralf. One great thing with Kimi is the GP aint over till the flag is showing Was it Silverstone where he set the fastest lap on the last lap

Alonso did what was required to win the championship and McLaren lost it through realibilty. We can't say "what if" as realibilty is part of the criteria when building an F1 car. If we said "what if" Kimi could have probaly won all the GPs and that would have made a boring season

Also Alonso didn't win the Constructors the whole team did

Keiran
Quote from keiran :One great thing with Kimi is the GP aint over till the flag is showing Was it Silverstone where he set the fastest lap on the last lap

And he commented that saying "I was bored"
scrappy like flatspotting your tire and going out on the last lap? Alonso was much cleaner the whole season, he only did as much as he had to and avoided alot of trouble, thats the smart driving that makes him stand out above others.

Kimi has adjusted the car to put in a fastest lap right at the end a few times its nothing extrodinary, any driver can do that so being he does it in the fastest car and gets the fastest lap isent a surprise.... low fuel + higher rev's + expensive fuel mixture = duh and minus the risk of having to push the car to its limits of grip but still get the fastest time. winning in a slower car is much more impressive then being fastest in the fastest car.

Alonso has shown he can do it all this season and if 1 lap determines who is better to you the poles and fastest laps from Alonso in a slower car mean so much more.

when was the last time kimi ever come in danger from a faster car behind? Alonso sure dealt with it all and only put a foot wrong once in montreal.
I don't mind Renault winning the championship, but I'd have preferred McLaren to win. However, I do think that the way Fisichella drove (under team orders, no doubt), robbed us of a straight fight for the championship (even if Montoya did retire).

As Blackout said, Kimi is the better driver, and lets hope he'll win next year
You trying to tell me Alonso didn't have a quick car Did the Chinese GP not show that ?? I don't mind Renault or Alonso winning the Championships they got the job done and had the most points so deserved it, but you can't go and say Kimi is a one lap wonder. Kimi has shown a blistering pace at nearly every GP and don't say low fuel as he has qualified in front of Alonso with far more fuel in the tank. Yes the McLaren was a good car but all the cars in LFS are good but it's your ability to drive them gives you the pace. If you want to compare abilities look back to Kimi's career at Sauber where he managed to score good points by finishing 4th in a car which was slower than a lot of them around him. Also if you wont to compare mistakes Kimi has made the Max of about 2/3 mistakes this year, Alonso has made more. Alonso made a costly mistake in a qualifying session, went off the track at nurb, hit the wall at Canada, passed Klien by cutting the chicane and the last one I can remember is getting his nose knocked off.

I think Kimi and Alonso are pretty well matched rivals for next year in different areas of there driving but if you can't see that then you obviously haven't been watching it closely enough

In my opinion Kimi is the stand out driver this year. From my experience of racing karts all over the place when you've worked hard all day to find something out of your control setting you back it's hard to keep a cool head and not make mistakes.

Keiran
Quote from Hyperactive :Why is he loved and hated in Spain? I tought you all just laav him

There has been a lot of hype about Alonso since 2003 and specially in 2004 and 2005 in Spain. Because of this, thousands of new F1-fans has sprouted all arround. Some of them were interested in F1, and Alonso has beem the spark for them to put more attention to the sport itself. But a lot of people are only following F1 because Alonso is spanish, they follow the icon, not the sport.

This has annoyed some traditional F1 followers, and the hype and continous talking about F1 everywhere (the mediums here is Spain can be veeeery insistent and dull) has been related to Alonso itself. Hate is a very strong word, they just don't like him because of that.

My oppinion: I think Alonso deserves the title, he has worked hard and the results are there. About Reanult, well... I've been a McLaren fan for years I would love to see Alonso in the place of Kimi, with Montoya as team mate
Although Kimi is technically the better driver, I was happy for either Alonso/Renault or Kimi/McLaren to win the championship . . . because they are both british teams
I doubt McLaren will get their cars reliable - ever. I think the downfall started after Häkkinen's second championship. The car was just too unreliable ever since to be a championship winner. Bad luck for Kimi as without the problems with reliability he...might be 2 times F1 world champion. The engines Mercedes is delivering to Mclaren are just no good. They can't survive 2 races, lack the reliability and new engine revisions just mean DNFs.

Or maybe the problem is that people at Mclaren can't count. You get more points from two 2nd positions than from one victory

EDIT. If if if...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG