The online racing simulator
not picking up axis 3?
(7 posts, started )
not picking up axis 3?
I'm still stuck driving with my MS FF2 stick. I've always set the throttle slider to be my E-brake. The game is picking it up, but when I actually try and use it while driving, it does not work? Works fine in all other games. (I know, this is a poorly written post, will explain better if needed/able )
Are you able to post a pic of your
Options >> Controller Menu >> Axes FF Settings screen

Point out or write which yellow/blue Axes is responding when you move the Throttle Slider on the stick. I think you meant that it is axis 3, as opposed to 0,1,2, just to clarify that.
Quote from JasonJ :Are you able to post a pic of your
Options >> Controller Menu >> Axes FF Settings screen

Point out or write which yellow/blue Axes is responding when you move the Throttle Slider on the stick. I think you meant 3, as opposed to 0,1,2, just to clarify that.

The number is 3 and it's the fourth one down in the yellow/blue indicators. It's also labelled: slider 0. It shows movement in the yellow/blue area and I've got it properly set to "handbrake/axis 3", but it does nothing once actually driving. I also just turned "show pedals" on and watched to see if it was registering when actually in a car. Nope. I must have some simple option I'm forgetting, turned off?
I can't really try myself to test this option. I'm not on my gaming pc so to speak. But maybe you need to turn toggle invert 0,1 on that handbrake axis. Worth a try.

And have you turned this handbrake option on? I forget this one all the time when setting up.

Sorry if I am pointing out the comlpetely obvious and you have already done it.
Attached images
axis hbrake.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :...And have you turned this handbrake option on? I forget this one all the time when setting up.

Ah-ha! I bet that's it. That's likely another one of the minute settings that was lost in my "re-install". Checking now.. BOOYA, that was it, thanks again! I've been away from the game for quite awhile, again, and have obviously forgotten alot, as I was sure I checked over every little option such as that one, lol. On another bright note, I'm on a MUCH better system than the last time I played, and things look excellent, cranked & tweaked. I think this game will help me on my new monitor decision as well.. still debating on a 19/20" inch widescreen LCD, or picking up another old Sony Trinitron square/flat tubed CRT. I'm sure this one would rock on the widescreen. (and the other main game I play, which does not properly support wide aspect yet, can be played in a window, while awaiting a wide-aspect patch)
Cool
The files involed most likely were:

card_cfg.txt
cfg.txt
interface_cfg.txt

When you installed over the top with the zipped download of version W I thought those config files would just stay there since they dont come with the download. Maybe the newer patch needed to reset controller config settings to work again.. Meh.. I suppose you could retrieve your OLD your onscreen dials colours back from the interface_cfg.txt file from your copy that you backed up in the other thread.

Awesome stuff though. Glad it finally worked. Widescreen FTW. I have to take motion sickness pills before I play haha. If I go and play on a 4:3 screen now, its like WTF, I feel depressed.
Quote from JasonJ :...Widescreen FTW. I have to take motion sickness pills before I play haha. If I go and play on a 4:3 screen now, its like WTF, I feel depressed.

You're not helping me keep from spending money I shouldn't really be trying to spend. Good to know though, thanks! I think I just decided on a widescreen. Will be awhile yet, but I've made my choice.

not picking up axis 3?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG