The online racing simulator
Hot lapping/practice mode
(3 posts, started )
I would love to see a hot lapping mode where tires are heated when you start, and there is no physical damage to the cars when you crash them. It would be a local server only for practice.

The main thing is the damage. I hate going 5 laps to get the tires just right, and then plow it into the wall and have to start over when learning a track.

I am thinking like hot lapping in gtr2 where there is no wear on the car so you can try to set fast lap times, but a mode with no damage would make learning the track much nicer for a noob like me
#2 - Venus
Well, I can understand your problem... but my suggestion is simple... instead of trying to learn it by hotlapping.. do a 60 lap race.. and by the end, you'll know it backwards then do ur hotlapping... thats how I learn a new track.. never fails to do itin one session.

The other thing in hotlapping is none of your stats are recorded on LFS, so if u happen to do a kickass time, n bust ur pb.. it won't be recorded... plus i think hotlapping is only nygood if ur gonna try for a WR.

V
Tyre temperatures have already been discussed in the test patch forum:
Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone is concerned about this and which way it will go, I am quite convinced that hotlappers should be able to set the start position and the tyre temperatures. It would stop this messing around doing donuts and whatever before doing the hotlap. This decision is based on the opinions of the actual hotlappers, those guys who really do a lot of this, they want it that way, so it's more convenient to do the hot lap. They want to spend more time lapping and less time warming up the tyres. This is different from reality, that's true, but then LFS differs from reality in many ways, for convenience. For example we just appear on the grid, we don't have to drive to the race track - you know what I mean. If you want reality then just go racing in reality! If you want a sim then you are avoiding many of the problems of reality, and cutting it down to the actual racing. That's the purpose of a racing sim. Get in and RACE. Similarly the purpose of hotlapping is to get in and LAP!

A reset (by pressing SPACE) also resets wear and damage back to zero. It also resets the tyre temperatures, though.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG