The online racing simulator
Caterhams coming to Race (WTCC Game)
(16 posts, started )
Quote from Rtsbasic :If only the LX's in LFS looked that good

I don't see nothing spectacular there, really, it looks like it has same number of poligons like in LFS.. The interior is nice though, i want the same in LFS
But the colors and atmosphere and everything just screams "i'm a game, i'm a game"... like every ISI titlle...
mmm, they do look nice.

the models look slightly better than LFS, but I reckon that is helped by the more detailed textures on them. those textures bring it to life imo.
can't wait for lfs to reach those levels of detail, e.g. better head light textures & the carbon protectors. those in the wtcc screeny even have to bolts in them.
Quote from mrbogeyman :mmm, they do look nice.

the models look slightly better than LFS

Slightly? My god LFS models are so plain... we don't have any car that is uber detailed. 7's in reallife look sooo nice, and they've done a good job on their models... LFS's models have never looked that good, I just wish they could some day, because the LX cars are my favorite of all. Don't want to get this thread in a loop of talking about how LFS is falling behind in detail... so I'll keep that short
Quote from Rtsbasic :If only the LX's in LFS looked that good

If only the physics in Race were as good as the physics in LFS!
#6 - robps
According the steam forums

Quote :General information:
- The CATERHAM Expansion is brought to you through as a digital update on Steam.
- See details below.
- Release: June 22
- Price: ~$9.95 for the Expansion, ~$29.95 for Race+Expansion (not confirmed)

The new features:
- improved performance scalability, optimized track and car LODs
- improved options and settings menu’s to allow for more individuality when configuring the game
- performance monitor that will help the player find the best possible graphical settings
- new controller interface
- keyboard hotkey control function of ghosts
- support for one race format

The new cars:
- Caterham CSR 200
- Caterham CSR 260
- Caterham CSR 320 Concept

- 60 individual car skins
- Team and driver names will be based on real life SimRacing teams and their drivers.

-
(Becky Rose) DELETED by Becky Rose
So thats basically £5 for the addon, definately worth buying. Wonder if many people will actually be racing them online though.
#8 - joen
I don't think the models are much better than LFS's to be honest. The textures are a bit better, especially the headlights. They look better in Race because of the shaders I think. The model itself isn't far of LFS' in terms of detail.
Quote from joen :I don't think the models are much better than LFS's to be honest. The textures are a bit better, especially the headlights. They look better in Race because of the shaders I think. The model itself isn't far of LFS' in terms of detail.

I was thinking the same.

But.. Who cares?
I personally think the rF Caterham mod looks better than that and probably has about the same model detail as the LX but better use of textures. I'd also bet whilst it isn't as good as LFS the rF mod will have more accurate physics than the RACE attempt.
I have to agree, LFS models are rather lacking in detail. The auto-generated tyres could look better too, but this one tyre texture pack makes them a lot better already.

However, LFS was never about the fancy graphics or ultra high detailed models, but the physics. And without even trying this mod I can guarantee you they will be severely lacking compared ours. Some, I mean SOME people from here try to tweak the ISI physics to give good results, but it always seems to be a slippery slope and I didn't hear from a real breakthrough yet. I think it's very unfortunate all that modelling skill is (somewhat) wasted by having ISI physics.
@Android - There are a few rF mods that make a decent attempt at physics and to are fun and fairly believable to pickup and drive, the Caterham mod is one of those, the problem is finding somewhere to race them, if you don't have the time to join a league then you may as well forget about pickup racing, far too many versions of everything. If you just stick to SP it can be fun to dip into something for half an hour then drive something completely different on some of the best tracks in the world, no discredit to Eric but the LFS tracks are good but not outstanding tracks, in fact I can only think of one fantasy track, Blue Mountain, that I'd consider right up there in the outstanding group in my mind (there were a few other GPL tracks which were based on real roads that were really great but they're not really a fantasy design).
Expansion pack? And yet they are releasing Race '07 someday this year. Very much EA-style...
@ajp71: Bit OT, but care to name any rF mods that have belivable physics? Of the few I tried, the lupo mod was the only one I got on with.
Quote from Rtsbasic :@ajp71: Bit OT, but care to name any rF mods that have belivable physics? Of the few I tried, the lupo mod was the only one I got on with.

BMW M3 E46, Caterhams (classics), Beetle race, 60s GT and the low d/f F430 race cars (SNR?) are some of the nicer mods to drive. New Meganes aren't bad either, sound great.
Quote from deggis :Expansion pack? And yet they are releasing Race '07 someday this year. Very much EA-style...

Can't blame (either of) them for making money, but instead I feel bad for the disappointing people.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG