The online racing simulator
My best Lap time Blackwood XF GTI
Hello gentlemen,

after 18 days of training with XF GTI at the Blackwood lap, and after some useful information from my new friends here, this is my best hot lap time till now, I made it this mourning with our CLT (Cairo Local Time 11:30 +3 GMT), and my record was 1:36.46
You can watch the .spr file attached with this post, if you did please till me your analysis concerning my driving style and what are my advantages to solidify and what is the weak points to avoid it.

Best Regards
Ihab Abbas

Attached files
Ihab Abbas_BL1_XFG_13646.rar - 62.8 KB - 303 views
Well, the first noticeable thing is your driving input. Sometimes you fully brake or throttle up while already using 100% of your tires' ability to corner, so if you want to accelerate/decelerate while cornering you should drive slower in the corner. If you want to see the theory of this, google for tire friction circle
Second thing, don't move the wheel when you're on a straight. Straights are there to get as quickly as possible to the other corner, and not to slalom.
Thirdly, and this is a common mistake, you frequently early apex at the 90 degree corner after the straight so you actually have to slow down in the second part of the corner (while you actually should be accelerating). So try to turn in later 1 meter at a time until you think you can finally nail the corner. You also did not take the biggest arc through a corner a lot of time, which limits the speed in which you can take a corner
Last thing is consistency. Try to use reference points around the track (brake point, turn in, apex, turn out). These would help you a lot since your laptimes were not that stable.

I hope the criticism will help, because you can easily do a 34/35 if you didnt make those mistakes.
Thanks Mikey for your fast replay, I think your comments are helpful for me, break early I think will resolve the problem.
Looking forward for another comments mates.

Best wishes
* It looks like you use keyboard or gamepad as controller. In any case, the steering input is "digital". Try driving with the mouse (and buttons for throttle/brake) instead. With analog steering it's much easier to drive a good lap.

* Do not brake after the turn-in point. Braking and steering at the same time often result in locked wheels, and you will go wide and miss the turn. (Later, you can try trail braking, but it's better to avoid it for now.)

* Download hotlap replays from LFS World, and compare the driving with your own. Do not immediately go for the World Record replays, though. Start with someone who is 1 or 2 seconds faster than you.

* Keep practicing. It takes time to become a good racer.

Maybe the tips in this track guide can also help you.
Thanks Wsinda for your replay,

I am using an amateur wheel drive with built in shifter, but looking forward to get the Logitech G25 soon, thanks for this track guide. Really fantastic.

Greetings
Ihab

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG