The online racing simulator
Weather Pack
(10 posts, started )
Weather Pack
Hi All , Im A big Fan of the game , It would be so cool if we could have proper weather Rain , Hailstones , Snow , Thunder Lightining And maybe a wee thingy so for example If you were playing a track the weather would change every so often like sun then rain then a nice big storm . It would be so cool to drive a track in the snow and have ice and black ice , all feedback is welcome , I really hope the developers of LFS are working on a weather system are they are planning to.
Great idea!

But it has been suggested gazillion times before already..
Oh thast good news i hope that someday in the future It is in the game.
Quote from geeman1 :Great idea!

But it has been suggested gazillion times before already..

LOL gazillion times
Use your common sense. Think like this:

Weather packs - a major idea >>> People like to suggest major ideas >>> Maybe I won't suggest it because it's already been done

Or

Weather packs - a major idea >>> Hmm Scawen has probably already thought of this >>> I won't suggest it because he probably already knows about it

That's what I do lol
So Blacksheep, your basically telling him to search before he posted this thread, yet you did'nt search before posting your pit stop suggestion thread did you.

Frenchy
I would like that especially the F9 (tyres) and F10 (damage) keys should be combined, or even being a part of the free options in "Display". It should be done in a way, so it´s not hiding any other information, like the one, who shows the positions we are in in every actual time and the time difference between cars.

Many times, this has been a distraction to me to find the right key for that, if you suddenly need to find out what problem your car has.

By the way, why can´t you always see that time difference, when cars are far from each other? Maybe something to improve also..especially for longer races.
#8 - evans
Whenever I watch a wet weather race in real life, I come to the conclusion that the thing I miss the most in Live for Speed - more than anything else - is rain. It gives you a completely new sense of car control, and having driven a Formula BMW car in wet weather in Spain, I know that there is just nothing more fun or more exciting in this world, than racing in the wet.
I know it's on the list for S3, but S3 is still very far away from any kind of release right now, and I really don't want to have to wait till then to drive the FO8 in monsoon-like conditions.

I know that rain and wet tarmac requires quite a lot of programming on the physics side and it does have some eye-candy that needs to be made as well, but if it's possible, I would love to have the devs focus on just this for a couple of months and release a patch that includes wet weather conditions.
#9 - Venus
Quote from evans : I know that rain and wet tarmac requires quite a lot of programming on the physics side and it does have some eye-candy that needs to be made as well, but if it's possible, I would love to have the devs focus on just this for a couple of months and release a patch that includes wet weather conditions.

I second that completely... just to have the ability to run in rain, even if reflections sucked, and spray was active... with a lil tweak to grip, and some wet tyre choices... oooo it'd be so much fun... eventually of course, like eveyrone else, I'd love full on weather that changes during a race... n have to dive to pits to stick on wets... or slicks early I'd also like to see bit more range in tyres... slick/med/hard for all but the UF1/XFG/XRG. I'd also like to see traction control be abled to be left on instead of turning off after a bit... in F1, its on all the time... and only engages during wheelspin... at start/mid race or nytime.

V
We have a range of tyres - R1 to R4
Traction Control is on until you turn it off, then off until you turn it on already.

Weather Pack
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG