The online racing simulator
FOV Speed
(3 posts, started )
FOV Speed
NOTE: ran a search and came up with nothing.

Why when you zoom closer to the dash with the in-car view, the speed feels dead slow compared to if your view is back further. On the track it doesnt make a difference I know, but in the car it does.

I zoom in as close as I can get so I dont see the hands on the steering wheel, all I want is the dash board in front of me. But doing this makes the car seem so slow, even in the Sauber.

Any suggestions besides a different camera view?
#2 - bbman
Just a little test: drive your car/bicycle/whatever normally, then do the same, but with an artificially narrowed fov (by sticking pieces of cardboard together, for example)... You know what? You get the same effect...

With a narrower fov, you only see things that are still far away when they move out of it, thus robbing you of every sense of speed...

Maybe turn wheel and hands off? I assume you got a wheel yourself, so you shouldn't need another one, do you?
Quote from bbman :Just a little test: drive your car/bicycle/whatever normally, then do the same, but with an artificially narrowed fov (by sticking pieces of cardboard together, for example)... You know what? You get the same effect...

With a narrower fov, you only see things that are still far away when they move out of it, thus robbing you of every sense of speed...

Maybe turn wheel and hands off? I assume you got a wheel yourself, so you shouldn't need another one, do you?

Turn the wheel and hands OFF in the game...hmm, didnt know I could do that.

FOV Speed
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG