The online racing simulator
AI too slow
(17 posts, started )
AI too slow
Hi,

I have some troubles racing against the AI. I have bought LFS three days ago and did some races online on Aston Club.
But of course the others are too fast (about 3 seconds per lap). So I tried to race offline. But even with the AI set to Ace they are very, very slow (don't know the exact time - but several seconds a lap).
What did I do wrong? Any suggestions?

Or do you guys know some servers for noobs with short tracks, easy cars and great racing?
A.I have been slow for a long time!
Don't expect much out of the AI, they have not been touched for several years now. Only way you can really learn is just look around for some servers with only a few people in them and just learn away.

Also, Gentlefoot is working on track guides, so watch out for those.
Here is his first track guide. http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/tg1.html
It may be of some help.

Also, for setups go to the team inferno setupfield. http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu
#4 - joen
Quote from jschneider :Hi,

I have some troubles racing against the AI. I have bought LFS three days ago and did some races online on Aston Club.
But of course the others are too fast (about 3 seconds per lap). So I tried to race offline. But even with the AI set to Ace they are very, very slow (don't know the exact time - but several seconds a lap).

Or do you guys know some servers for noobs with short tracks, easy cars and great racing?

The AI are indeed very slow, although they are self learning. So the more you race them (or let them race eachother), they will get quite a lot better. But they'll stay slow, as the AI system needs improvements.
#5 - herki
Let them drive the track a few laps (50, maybe 100), they have to learn the track first.
Plus the AI is far from finished currently, you'll have to wait for the final release I guess.
Wow - many and fast answers
Thanks.

Ok, I will forget the AI and race online. Any hints about good noob servers?
Not many if any, just join some that have under 10 people in them. Also, if you come across the "noobs" server in black and red, do not join it, that is a team called noobs who .. can be noobish at times i may add.
#8 - herki
Quote from XCNuse :Not many if any, just join some that have under 10 people in them. Also, if you come across the "noobs" server in black and red, do not join it, that is a team called noobs who .. can be noobish at times i may add.

don't forget your irony tags... oh wait... those noobs?
Quote from jschneider :Hi,

I learned much of my racecraft on Redline Racing 2, which runs the FOX on AS Club. Overall driver quality varies considerably throughout the day, but most of the time there are enough competents around to enable some good racing. The FOX is very forgiving, has loads of grip, and isn't very fast in a straight line so it's a good beginner car.

IMO the AI just isn't very useful for learning because they're so stupid. I would recommend doing a combo on your own until you know the apexes, braking points, shift points etc. and then go straight online to that combo.

Online racing is intimidating at first, but don't worry - you don't have to be quick to be a good online racer. Just keep it on the road, be predictable, and be clean. Don't worry about keeping up with the fastest guys just yet.
Quote from XCNuse :Also, if you come across the "noobs" server in black and red, do not join it, that is a team called noobs who .. can be noobish at times i may add.

:nut:

First of all, our team is called [noobs].

Second of all, please don't scare the newbies from joining our servers. We are usually very friendly with them.
Not scaring, just directing that it isn't meant for noobs alone, but is a team which can sometimes be fast.
Hmm...ok, we'll let you slip with that one...
hmmmmmm

At least I have the fastest avatar
Hello gentlemen,

I think If you make the AI useing your best car setup they will be more pros, I did that and it works good the AI XF GTI driver now have good lap time at Blackwood 1:37.58 during the race.

Best regards
Passengers
Also, if you're running the slower "sedan" cars, you can add passengers to your car, with 2 or 3 of them I have a very good fight with the AI at Blackwood.

(Or maybe I'm still to slow LOL)
Quote from XCNuse : Also, if you come across the "noobs" server in black and red, do not join it, that is a team called noobs who .. can be noobish at times i may add.

grrrr....

Quote from XCNuse :Not scaring, just directing that it isn't meant for noobs alone, but is a team which can sometimes be fast.

thats more near the truth
I too find the Ai very slow and have done for a while. But something I found amazing was last night messing about on the Oval with loads of laps and For some reason I was miles behind. The AI were getting laptimes that were MUCH faster than mine. Bout 3 seconds. And I had near enough spot on lines. Not enough to loose seconds though.

Lol. I thought it was weird anyway.

AI too slow
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG