The online racing simulator
Some newbie questions and my own progress
Hello gentlemen,

This is my first post in this magnificent forum, first of all I have to say that I am new in LSF world just about 2 weeks ago and I got till now the demo version and looking forward to buy the S2 license, I am from Egypt the land of pyramids, and finally I am 34 years old and like driving so much, if you kindly have time to read my progress in LFS it will be appreciated:

1-After 120 laps at black wood GP track with XF GTI default setup I started with 1:55.34 and now my best time is 1:40.15 and I aim during this week to get 1:38.00 when I reach 160 lap of training. The question is "am I good enough at this stage of training with my current lap time 1:40.15? And how to improve my skills?

2-I was wondering if I can join any team to have practice sessions and learn more about pro driving because I want to join a pro league, so how can I find those people to train me.

3-How can I change the default replay viewing system in order to watch another new views, is there any add-ons programs to do that?

4-How can I upload my best hot lap time to lfsworld.net so that every body can watch it?

5-What is your opinion about the STCC league videos, really I watched it all and it is so good, is there any sites do the same full race recording so that I can download also?

6-My current connection to the internet is 512 kb is it good to have a nice online race with other drivers?

7-What is your recommendations about wheel drive to buy?

After all thanks for reading my first post and sorry for all these questions from a newbie like me.

Best Regards

Ihab Abbas
Quote from Ihab Abbas :
Hello gentlemen,

Hi. Quick note: Posting in bold type looks a bit aggressive. Normal text will do fine in future.

Quote from Ihab Abbas :1-After 120 laps at black wood GP track with XF GTI default setup I started with 1:55.34 and now my best time is 1:40.15 and I aim during this week to get 1:38.00 when I reach 160 lap of training. The question is "am I good enough at this stage of training with my current lap time 1:40.15? And how to improve my skills?

1:40 is OK for a beginner, but the default setups aren't very good. Try visiting http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ and downloading a better setup, it should help.

You should also go online (if you haven't already) and race against some people - you will learn a lot by seeing how the faster guys drive. The top tip is always "Slow in, fast out" - brake adequately for each corner and get on the throttle as early as possible on the exit. Don't try to brake extremely late or you'll just miss the corner and lose time all the way down the next straight.

Quote from Ihab Abbas :2-I was wondering if I can join any team to have practice sessions and learn more about pro driving because I want to join a pro league, so how can I find those people to train me.

There really isn't any "pro" leagues in the demo, you'd have to buy the full version. You'd also need a lot more practice, really. After two years I'm still not quick enough to keep up with our fastest drivers, and probably never will be!

Quote from Ihab Abbas :3-How can I change the default replay viewing system in order to watch another new views, is there any add-ons programs to do that?

Not sure I understand this question. You can change the camera view by pressing "V". You can also create custom camera views. See this page in the Wiki manual for more information.

Quote from Ihab Abbas :4-How can I upload my best hot lap time to lfsworld.net so that every body can watch it?

That feature is not available to demo users.

Quote from Ihab Abbas :5-What is your opinion about the STCC league videos, really I watched it all and it is so good, is there any sites do the same full race recording so that I can download also?

The STCC was the only league doing this. Producing those videos took a lot of work, and most people just don't have the time.

Quote from Ihab Abbas :6-My current connection to the internet is 512 kb is it good to have a nice online race with other drivers?

Yes. Go online! Oh, and you might find a lot of racers are rude and deliberately crash into you - unfortunately this is what people are like in the demo, but if you buy the full game people online are much better behaved (otherwise their license name gets banned from servers very quickly).

Quote from Ihab Abbas :7-What is your recommendations about wheel drive to buy?

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback
Logitech Momo Racing
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25

The Driving Force Pro is probably the best value out of all them. The G25 is probably the best wheel, and comes with three pedals and a 6-speed gear shifter.
#3 - bbman
Welcome to the forums!

1. The world record as of now is 1:32.94... That means you're about 7 seconds off the pace... Download some replays from www.lfsworld.net (S2 Hotlaps -> select Hotlap charts -> choose BL GP and XFG -> click on the time) and watch their lines closely... Getting the line right is crucial in those low powered cars...
2. Can't answer that, sorry... But there aren't that much demo-leagues out there, you will struggle to find even one... Leagues mostly are organised for S2-licenced users...
3. I don't know exactly what you want, but you can cycle through the views with pressing V (works in both replays and actual playing)...
4. When you're in the Hotlap charts, click on the button "Choose...", find your replay and then press "Upload"...
5. I found them great, unfortunately the videos are discontinued for reasons I won't go into...
6. You should be ok...
7. Depends on how much money you got: The ultimate wheel today would be the Logitech G25, followed by the Logitech Driving Force Pro and the Logitech MOMO... If that's too expensive for you, you can look for a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel, I heard they are pretty good too... There are also some Thrustmaster Wheels around, but I haven't heard enough about them to give a recommendation...
Quote from Ihab Abbas :

3-How can I change the default replay viewing system in order to watch another new views, is there any add-ons programs to do that?

Pressing 'shift U', during a replay, will allow you options to view the action from various angles, heights etc.
Also, another note on 4, you haffto have your ingame name the same as your LFS username (forum name) if you upload hotlaps, and they must be done in the hotlapping mode.
Quote from Ihab Abbas :3-How can I change the default replay viewing system in order to watch another new views, is there any add-ons programs to do that?

I think know what you mean....(If Shift-U mode isn't enough for you)

Look at LFS TV Director: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=14147
Used to create CUSTOM TV cam locations and it automatically follows the action in the race. Although, I think it currently only works for LFS versions V and V2. It needs to be repaired by the developer "Soeren Scharf " for it to work with Patch W or soon to be Patch X

Here are some custom TV view packs for use with LFS TV Director if you have some success: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23231

I THINK there is another App called NoobTV I believe might help you out. But for the life of me I cannot locate it on the forums with out getting 300 results in my serach.
Hi again gentlemen,

Thanks for you all about those useful information, cuz I improved my lap time at Black wood circuit from 1:40.15 to 1:37.45 with XF GTI and soon I will upload my record time to lfsworld.net hot lap.
Note: I used the GTI setup from http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ as thisnameistaken suggested.

Best regards
he is very well behaved in his posts... and that is a quality if i read some other posts.
a kind demo user! great! S2 will please you. I drive the GTi all the time at blackwood at I can't get below 1:37 secs. I like your attitude of driving. and manners on the fourms here. that will get you a long way even if you are not the fastest (like me )
and about improving your skills. post a SPR of your lap(s) and we can go from there.
Quote from Ihab Abbas :Thanks for you all about those useful information, cuz I improved my lap time at Black wood circuit from 1:40.15 to 1:37.45 with XF GTI

If you managed that overnight then you're doing well. That sort of time suggests that you're comfortable with LFS now, but still have to learn the details of what makes a fast lap. I think you'll be in the low 1:36s very soon.

Edit: If you do get into the 1:35s or high 1:34s then that is fast. Don't expect to reach the world-record time any time soon!
Greetings for all here,

Thanks SpikeyMarcoD Zachary Zoomy & thisnameistaken for your nicely supportive words, soon I will post my .spr file for my best lap time at Blackwood with XF GTI.

What I am doing now is watching and analyzing as possible as I can all the best world records, and then try to maintain the same driving skills via watching replays from TV camera and from inside the car to see how can the drivers keeping the high speed at the corners".
I think this development strategy doing well with me till now, but sure if I want to reach the masters skills and go under 1:32.940 I have to work harder.

Best wishes for all
Ihab
thank you!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG