The online racing simulator
making F1 car better
(17 posts, started )
making F1 car better
since the diff pre load has came out the car is more reliable and stable and actually handles well with the clucth pack lsd ,
couple of things that need to be addressed is

on rapid braking downshifting the car locks up to easy still compression lockup, this just doesnt happen in real life so i dont see why its setup to do it here

the traction control needs to be reconfigured for low and high speed as the TC setup is good for low speed, but too overkill for high speed, this is also how its done in real life as well

the TC also needs to be able to be setup in live settings

live setings need to be adjustable even in single player/hotlapping

and also the extra spring that the real f1's have that would be great as well
Quote from seinfeld :since the diff pre load has came out the car is more reliable and stable and actually handles well with the clucth pack lsd ,
couple of things that need to be addressed is

on rapid braking downshifting the car locks up to easy still compression lockup, this just doesnt happen in real life so i dont see why its setup to do it here

the traction control needs to be reconfigured for low and high speed as the TC setup is good for low speed, but too overkill for high speed, this is also how its done in real life as well

the TC also needs to be able to be setup in live settings

live setings need to be adjustable even in single player/hotlapping

and also the extra spring that the real f1's have that would be great as well

Erm, I only agree TC needs to be in live settings, u dork.
Quote from seinfeld :on rapid braking downshifting the car locks up to easy still compression lockup, this just doesnt happen in real life so i dont see why its setup to do it here

You have a bit on control over that with the engine braking settings, but bear in mind that the software in an F1 car is as complicated as LFS itself. There is so much electronic trickery that it'll be almost impossible to replicate systems like this.
Quote from seinfeld :the traction control needs to be reconfigured for low and high speed as the TC setup is good for low speed, but too overkill for high speed, this is also how its done in real life as well

Might be nice. Personally I prefer the no-TC option.
Quote from seinfeld :the TC also needs to be able to be setup in live settings

Agreed on this...
Quote from seinfeld :live setings need to be adjustable even in single player/hotlapping

They will be eventually, but I wouldn't expect you to know that, as you don't strike me as a person that keeps an eye on LFSs progress or a searcher.

Quote from seinfeld : and also the extra spring that the real f1's have that would be great as well

By the sounds of it you don't even know what it's for or where it's fitted...
Adding extra tc code to the bf1 is useless imo, as it gets banned next season anyhow. Btw good suggestion about the magical spring, looks like you've done your homework before posting
we have a BF1 06 not a BF1 08 so why should the ban of TC have anything to do with us in LFS?
#6 - joen
it shouldn´t.
The "magic spring" is just the 3rd spring that links both sides of the rear suspension together. It's used for anything from heave control to pro-roll, which is actually great for and F-1 car as those things are always struggling for traction when speed drops below that of which is necessary to generate adequate downforce and thus grip to stick the rear tires to the ground.

As is obvious and easily observed, the front suspension is usually stiff to provide platform control, maximize steering response, etc whilst the pro-roll would help to even out the loads on both rear contact patches. Since all tires are load sensitive, more even loading leads to more grip which can be achieved without negatives such as poor camber control and excessive roll.

The lack of the 3rd spring does adversely affect realism as far as simulation of the BF1 is concerned, since it affects its ability to put power to the ground. But let's face it, LFS physics is still very much incomplete, with problems ranging from turbo modelling to vastly oversimplified and sometimes just plain unbelievable aero. At least the now properly simulated clutch diff with both dynamic AND static locking makes cars behave much more realistically in LFS. I just hope the devs are working on some important physics improvement projects behind the scenes...
my only ideia for it only a potmeter to make the car faster(like the real f1 cars not the "push to pass" button), BUT! it will able after Scawen will do the temperature meter, so you can broke the engine if you drive it too hard
What is a potmeter? Something that measures pots?
Quote from tristancliffe :What is a potmeter? Something that measures pots?

Perhaps he decided to abreviate POTentioMETER to POTMETER.

Btw, you'd use an Ohm Meter to measure the current impedance of a potentiometer.
How do the F1 teams use a potentiometer to go faster? I mean, apart from the obvious throttle position sensor (which we have in our pedals anyway), I don't see how adding a random 'potmeter' can make the car go faster suddenly...

Either I'm being thick, or Tikshow is...
they can change the rev limit of the engines mid race, more rpm equals more power
That would be an electronic limiter I take it?
sorry, wrong word it's a switch what you can twist until the race, there are many on a F-1 wheel
The switch the controls the engine map (which defines the rpm - changing the rpm limit wouldn't make any more power unless you adjust the other engine parameters to shift the power curve up/down the rpm range)?

An aside: Really, when trying to discuss something, at least explain what you are tying to talk about. Potmeter or wheel switch hasn't actually told us what you are talking about, and we have had to guess. I appreciate English isn't your first language, but there is no excuse for not providing a bit more info.
Could it not be as we currently have no real engine damage that the bf1 is running at maximum revs and power already? So if you want the rev limiter switch then it would be to turn the engine down.

Edit: Just saw Tristans post: They do turn the revs down though, but that does seem to be more for engine longevity. So maybe when we have a more complete engine damage model, all these could be added.
Quote from tristancliffe :The switch the controls the engine map (which defines the rpm - changing the rpm limit wouldn't make any more power unless you adjust the other engine parameters to shift the power curve up/down the rpm range)?

An aside: Really, when trying to discuss something, at least explain what you are tying to talk about. Potmeter or wheel switch hasn't actually told us what you are talking about, and we have had to guess. I appreciate English isn't your first language, but there is no excuse for not providing a bit more info.

okey, realy sorry! i will post an image later of the thing what i try to said!

making F1 car better
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG