The online racing simulator
Timescaled Fuel/Tire abrasion
(17 posts, started )
#1 - CyBex
Hello,

i have search hear but didn't found anything about this topic..

It would be a good idea to simulate an 2hour race in 30mins with fuel consumption and tire abrasion (timescale *4) or and 1 1/2 hour race in 45mins (timescale *2)..

I think a good choice is from *0.5 to *8...

Sorry if i have wrote a double post, but didnt see anything in the server wishlist or improvement suggestion...
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
This is a simulator, and you don't have a timescale in real life, now do you? I say "no" to this, for the same reason we can't turn off damage, etc.
No from me too. Same reasons as AndroidXP.
#4 - axus
I agree with Android and geeman. That's not how things work in LFS.
If you want tyre wear for 6 hour races, do 6 hour races. Simple solution, available NOW, and requires zero work from Scawen. Problem solving doesn't get much better than this!
#6 - CyBex
We are a small rookie league and race every weekend a short(15mins) and long (45mins) with pitstop.. But there isn't any real reason to refuel, because 45mins are to short.. And its to hard for us rookies to drive every weekend 30mins and 2hours and not everybody has so much time...

But when you all say no, its ok, i dont see any reason for an optional setting... default setting can be *1..
And i think more server with short races would increse the multiplactor...
Well, you just said it, 45 minutes is too short. In real racing (in the car class you drive in) this amount of time would also be too short to warrant a refuel. Maybe limiting the fuel capacity would solve your problem? Lets say everyone racing is only allowed to set 20% fuel max, or similar.

A multiplicator is a very arcadey feature, and I see no chance of that being implemented. It would IMHO go pretty much against what the developers of this sim try to achieve.
The BF1 is a fuel hog btw.
If the race is more than 30 mins you have to refuel.
Twice the consumption of most cars and even more, so it's a good choice for this purpose.
#9 - bbman
Can you imagine what the BF1 would do to a rookie league?
Maybe a "cream cheese" tyre compound like those that were used before they impounded cars after quali in F1 - maybe a SLICK_RQ or something. Some series still have/allow qualifying tyres IIRC. That could be used as a sort of way of accelerating tyre wear.

The BF1 does need another look at it's tyre options, and the BF1 shouldn't have the option of a supersoft type compound.
Time scale would be usefull to test tyre wear and fuel consumption on setups to figure out strategies for a long race faster though.
And there you have it. Change your suggestion from having a multiplier to having the option to force fuel cell size and different wearing tires and you have what you want that is more in tune with reality.
I don't want this either. 45 minutes to short? Sounds like your topping off the fuel tank so you don't have the pit. Make pit stops mandatory, like on RedLines F08 Blackwood. The race is only 9 laps, but you have to pit or be disqualified. Then we put in just enough fuel to do X amount of laps no more, so we can be very light and fast, at the pit just enough fuel to finish the race.
What stops me to top it out anyway, and just pit for pitting's sake (meaning: no actions at pitstop at all)? It would have to be about milliseconds every lap to be worth starting with a lighter car...
Maybe for MPSs then there could be an option to force a tyre change or refuelling (or both?).
ok, maybee i'm wrong ,no reality has no timescalable jog or anything [yet] BUT a simULATOR is something to (speak after me...) simULATE sth. or anything.
Who knows, maybee we will have air races someday -life for "SPEED" (in any manner).
I wouldn't want to jerk my time testing some long-shot setup to see my set is bad after hours of working my butt off.
I'm for an OPTIONAL (nice thing the chioces, choose to, or don't) implement of time.
I suggest noone here would like to watch the replay in REALtime only...
so, i assume we keep an open(minded) discussion about it, withOUT tinkering whether sth. is real(ity) or not.
since, we want to learn sth. by simulating certain things we cannot do (in these large amounts) in reality, doesn't necessarily mean we need to prohibit things to be simulated.
Like deep space travell (odd example? so be it, just be a bit more open minded, please...)

regards
Quote from neglouseight : like on RedLines F08 Blackwood. The race....

Redline use's the FO8 now? i thought it was the FOX

Frenchy

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG